Onii-chan Is Done For! - Vol. 5 Ch. 43 - Mahiro and Fragrances

i have disabled my adblock but still cant see the ads help

If yall want to check out the Subreddit for the Manga:
/r/MyBrotherIsDoneFor/

Hana Yori Dango is also the title of Boys over Flowers which is a classic shoujo series.
https://mangadex.org/title/3709/hana-yori-dango

Dex-chan lover
This is another chapter that highlights the changes that occur in a male-to-female genderbend, although not explicitly. That is, that women in general tend to be more sensitive to and cognizant of smells and scents.

Dex-chan lover
@solonit You might live in somewhat restrictive place.

Over here the parents usually support their girls in slowly learning how to use makeup and someone wearing perfume as early as 10 isn't going to get you scolded unless the smell is overwhelming and distracting.

There is no taboo in girls trying out various things to try to feel more girly here. They are given the autonomy (though excess makeup is usually pointed out pretty quickly) to experiment with such stuff.

We don't have school uniforms either, so I guess we are just more relaxed here about this kind of stuff overall?

It is a cultural thing, but considering 99.9999999% of girls here don't turn into mega-sluts like some folk think allowing this kind of stuff leads to, my negative opinion on that teacher remains. It is archaic belief that should have been rooted out long time ago.

Btw, I am saying this as a person with the weird constitution that I get physically ill/disgusted (sometimes even slightly panicked) just seeing painted/decorated nails (bizarre I know, no idea why I feel such apprehension towards them, just that I have had it for as long as I remember). But even then I would not stop someone that enjoys doing that. It is their right and I will and am just going to have to overcome my own issues with it myself.

I like the adorable boys awh so cute. Nice to see them in more panels.
Yep, going back to middle school arc is the best

Dex-chan lover
@Elmithian She's enforcing the school's rules, and Mahiro manages to keep breaking them. We know it's accidental, but she doesn't know that, to her it appears like purposeful rule-breaking by a serial rule-breaker. She'd probably have been less harsh to one of the other girls because they hadn't broken the rules before.

Now the strictness of Japan's school rules, especially as they pertain to girls, are rather ridiculous, but that's a cultural thing. Japan is, unfortunately, still quite a misogynistic country and it really shows in their school rules. Believe it or not, they have gotten better. It's apparently fairly rare for a teacher to get out a ruler and measure girls' skirt lengths nowadays, while that was common in the past.

I can understand the nails thing. I don't have any problem with painted nails (beyond the smell of the polish giving me a horrible headache, so I rarely paint my own) but the decorations, especially when there's dangly things on them like Japanese women seem to like, really gives me the creeps for some reason. Like you, it's a very visceral reaction and can make me feel physically ill even from seeing it in pictures. I have no clue why it happens.

Really feeling the cultural divide here rising up within my raised-with-values-of-western-individualism ass as I wish for the lady to get a stern talking to of her own. Leave Mahiro alone! She did nothing! Nothing, I tell you!

Double-page supporter
I'm struggling to understand why people are so outraged over a ban of make-up/perfume in school, which seems... rather reasonable to me. Must be the same people who think that school uniforms (which I wouldn't mind if they were brought back) are evil. Because nothing says individuality than superficial things like your appearance, I guess.

Mahiro, noooo! Stop! Stop going down that path, that's hell you're walking towards to hell for you, blessing for us

Users who are viewing this thread