Only I Know That the World Will End - Vol. 5 Ch. 34

Fed-Kun's army
I'm replying to this part only because this statement should be enough for you to understand what YOU should do, I'm not saying get a TL, I'm telling you to not help them.

As Sullieman said above it's somewhat obvious the "TL" doesn't know Japanese, and you say its MTL from JP --> SP --> ENG which means they aren't even smart enough to MTL from Jp --> ENG directly, that's the level of inteligence of the people you're "helping".
I mean you NEVER EVER translate something from a translation and I'm talking about actual HUMAN TRANSLATORS don't do it because there's meaning lost on the 1st translation and even more meaning lost on the 2nd translation what do you think happens when this is done by a machine?

Now I believe you geniunely like the series and that's why you voluntered to help (It was you who voluntered when they re-sniped Silas right?), but why in god's name did you do so? Honestly if someone pointed a gun at you to rob your car would you volunteer to drive them to their next robbery instead because you "love your car"?

Aaaaaand after typing this i realize that you most likely are in with them and their very obvious MTL just to get some ad revenue and are getting paid for this de-service if you aren't getting paid, then it's one more reason to boot it out of there because holy with that amount of ads they SHOULD have more than enough to pay 1 or maybe 2 TL's which they clearly don't or else it wouldn't have been MTL like what you said it is.

Edit: Hopefully some1 will actually translate it faster if you don't help mask their MTL.
To answer bit by bit.

Up till now there has been no translator to my knowledge other than google. Yes, I have repeatedly asked them to at least give me the JP -> ENG MTL, but that has not been working. I realize how much meaning is lost, but in my experience I am able to reconstruct these things. That said, I would prefer to work with a more direct translation just for the sake of clarity (example you'll see in a future chapter is that the skill "drainage" almost got butchered into Sewer System due to the literal TL from ESP to ENG).

You would be correct on both counts, I like the series and I was the one to volunteer.
Sniping is sniping, but Silas quitting the series was his own decision. I figured the best course of action was to simply help the group. Pretty much most, if not all, of my career as a PR/Editor has literally been me just helping groups that do a shit job on series I enjoy.

I was actually not aware of the ad issue until they installed the adblocker-blocker on the ESP site (which I had to use cause they never gave me the raws for contextual work). I have repeatedly told RightDark that this amount of ad-spam is not acceptable since.
I'm getting paid, yes. I get $2 per chapter I proofread, no profit sharing (still the most I've gotten paid for this kind of work).
Rightdark, to my understanding, has actually begun to hire real translators, as he has had me grade the work of submissions he's received.

I won't defend any actions the group has taken that have offended anyone, but I think people should know that, until I joined, this was a group entirely made up of central americans. Their entire group is largely based in the ESP scan community and is one of the more popular ones there. These guys simply come from a different culture where these things are acceptable and are not well-versed enough in ours to understand what is and isn't okay.

That said, if my participation is a concern, I will be stepping down after completing chapter 46 due to health issues, so it will be a free-for-all from there on.

Power Uploader
These guys simply come from a different culture where these things are acceptable and are not well-versed enough in ours to understand what is and isn't okay.
That is not a justification in any conceivable way.

Fed-Kun's army
That is not a justification in any conceivable way.
Yeah that's why I clarified I'm not trying to defend what they've done.
My point is just that these guys literally have no clue this stuff is wrong.

Fed-Kun's army
you called that readable? holy f
I will clarify again that I have only worked on a fraction of these chapters and of some of those the TS keeps fucking up and using the wrong script, such as with 34-36.

Dex-chan lover
Thank u always for ur great work...
^^...

Yep, he is a bad one...
(≖_≖ )...

The backstabber finally showed his true self. I definitely had my suspicions when I saw his silhouette from the previous chapters... I get to see the main girl got killed again. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Users who are viewing this thread