Only Sense Online - Vol. 15 Ch. 89 - Demonic Statue and the Destruction of a Hide

Dex-chan lover
Did they lose all their gold? That sucks. Thanks for the chapter, it was enjoyed!

Dex-chan lover
Thank u always for ur great work...
^^...

Yep, short sight in the heat of moment rather often happen...
XD...

Dex-chan lover
Being able to discuss mid battle with teammates and change equipment, can’t remember a game that nice (or immersion breaking as kids these days would say).

Did they lose all their gold? That sucks. Thanks for the chapter, it was enjoyed!
Considering the gold is part of the mechanics to damage the boss, that’s probably fair.

Fed-Kun's army
Yay! I've been waiting for this!! Thank you for your hard work!!

Dex-chan lover
Being able to discuss mid battle with teammates and change equipment, can’t remember a game that nice (or immersion breaking as kids these days would say).
I remember Ragnarok Online, which is a very very old game, were having that kind of mechanics, where you can swap your equipments on the fly during battles by putting them on the shortcuts (usually people used either multiple weapons or shields/armors for various enemies).

But yeah, those are stuffs that only exists in old games, and recent games has abandoned it, AFAIK...

Dex-chan lover
I remember Ragnarok Online, which is a very very old game, were having that kind of mechanics, where you can swap your equipments on the fly during battles by putting them on the shortcuts (usually people used either multiple weapons or shields/armors for various enemies).

But yeah, those are stuffs that only exists in old games, and recent games has abandoned it, AFAIK...
yep that was RO alright
and that money and gold throw at enemy, its a merchant class skill in RO, called Mammonite, where you deal proportional dmg to the enemy, depending on how much money you "throw" at it 😅

Dex-chan lover

Not an MMO but, the Soulsbornering series lets you change equipment mid-fight either from shortcut or menu-hardswap as well (to the dismay of few people).

Dex-chan lover
Eh, quite a lot of games will let you change equipment mid-fight. It's just usually pointless or too distracting because you gotta open the inventory.

It can be forbidden if the skills/passives are tied to equipment.

Dex-chan lover
There's always discussion happening with gimmicky bosses in raids though? Usually calling other people noob for not knowing what the gimmick is while they try to follow the top earner soloing the boss without care for said gimmick.

Dex-chan lover

Indeed, I am referring mainly to MMOs, kind of pointless to not be otherwise, I mean even the ever-famous Skyrim lets you do equipment swap mid-fight. There are online games where you can switch equipment mid fight (can think of at least one game), but the players have to be aware of the opponent’s action mid-process otherwise they get walloped. Hard to do with new equipment that came out of nowhere, no? Especially if you’re a pack rat like me.

As for mid-boss huddle on an MMO, usually this happens after a wipe, no? If you group up to discuss mid-fight you’ll just eat an AoE and wipe.

Alas, my point is that their game is a VRMMO, immersion is king. What they did betrays that very notion, and is very gamer like, in which we demand for better graphics, etc, but at the end of the day we seek to clear as optimal as possible. Seeing that there are many gamers in the discussion I hope you too notice this jarringly apt point.

Dex-chan lover
Did they lose all their gold? That sucks.
Sucks, but the Secret Room did contain all the Goodies they needed to tackle the boss to begin with... They didn't have to throw their money...
And that tattoo is pretty much worth a lot of gold.. A heal boost while mitigating some healing restrictions? And reuseable? And non-detectable depending on where you put it?
That's a sweet item/boost in any situation.

Dex-chan lover
The best strategies are always the ones you figure out after the battle. Hindsight wins every time!

Users who are viewing this thread