Only Sense Online - Vol. 3 Ch. 13 - Camping and Unicorns!

Dex-chan lover
If he takes a unicorn as a pet, he can never do any nyan nyan, lest the unicorn abandons him immediately, if not turn hostile.

Dex-chan lover
@Kaarme - it's not like one can do any nyan nyan in a commercial VRMMO. And I doubt the unicorn will actually work like that in the first place.

Aggregator gang
When she finds out he has unicorn, his sister is going to be soooo jealous

Double-page supporter
They even have time to sleep? Someone explain this retardation to me.

o9IKH0L.png

So the event takes 1 week in-game hours, which corresponds to 2 RL hours.
But he says time is sped up by 800%, which would make it 21 RL hours (24 x 7 = 168) /8 = 21.

And if it's some bullshit like "Your mind experiences the full week but only 2 hours IRL have passed". Then why is that not always a feature of the game?

That would be the game's main selling points. Spend 2 hours after work relaxing in our VR but have it feel like an entire week of slacking off.

Double-page supporter
@Degernase Do you play mmos and see people who spend 24x7 in it compared to people who play once a day or maybe once a month? Consider that if they set an entire mmo with time acceleration instead of an event. You'll then have one person who spent a single 24 hour session and has spent a simulated 4 months, compared to your 1 week. And then repeat that.

Though I agree. A different game that isn't an mmo, doesn't have players having to build their own stuff (cause then someone is spending even more free time working for non-real money), etc, would be a big draw. It'd have to use real currency to make in-game currency in that case, plus a subscription fee, but I think I'd be ok with that. Take a week to go camping, or hiking, or scuba diving. The whole "golden week" in 2 hours after a week of real work? I'd do it.

Double-page supporter
@jhadred
Let's purposefully make the game more dull and artificially inflate its cost with a terrible business model, all for the sake of avoiding a hypothetical dystopian future where everyone's constantly hooked into VR.
Stop reading manga and go take your meds, grandpa. The nurses were complaining about you again.

I for one am looking forward to our utopian future where we get to enjoy our whole life from inside a capsule. Get with the times old man.

Users who are viewing this thread