Onna Kajishi wa Ohitoyoshi Guild ni Hirowaremashita - Shintenchi de Ganbaru Kajishi Seikatsu - Ch. 1.1 - Court Blacksmith Liliana

Dex-chan lover
This is probably the case of where it is not the person that makes the hero, its the weapon that makes the hero. Since the idiot decided to get rid of the source of his power & fame, bet the new town she's at will be overpowered with her creations. Hope it won't be long before we see the hero fumble through his quests until the eventual reunion. Thanks for the translations.

Fed-Kun's army
well those were some... eager rapists in that last scene there. Didn't even wait to get her off the main road before already starting to rip her clothes off.

Dex-chan lover
the author was like: "ok people, it's the usual trope and everyone is bored by it, so let the hero regret his decision by the first 5 pages. Chop chop :clap:"

Don't forget that this is basically a rip-off of at least a couple other similar titles that I can think of, except this time the blacksmith is a girl.

I know it's likely because the manga industry churns out literally hundreds of titles simultaneously, but damn mangaka have zero shame in basically ripping off something else that's somewhat popular and making only one tiny little transparent tweak to it.

Supporter
So I get that it's released in the piecemeal fashion but....What the hell is up with the inconsistent page resolutions?

Dex-chan lover
Don't forget that this is basically a rip-off of at least a couple other similar titles that I can think of, except this time the blacksmith is a girl.

I know it's likely because the manga industry churns out literally hundreds of titles simultaneously, but damn mangaka have zero shame in basically ripping off something else that's somewhat popular and making only one tiny little transparent tweak to it.
yea, it's a shame how everyone jumps the most popular settings and, while trying to put their own spin to it, unfortunatly happen to get overlaping story progression
i can basically predict by which chapter you are going to see the main villain see the consequences of their actions as well as the one where he'll meet up again with the person he kicked out

Dex-chan lover
the author was like: "ok people, it's the usual trope and everyone is bored by it, so let the hero regret his decision by the first 5 pages. Chop chop :clap:"
I think it was the decision of either the editor or Mangaka because the Web novel at least fleshes out her everyday before being kicked out and not straight into the kicking out

Dex-chan lover
If she show uninterested in new mc consider her past with hero, staying remain untrust for long time (not permanent, more like many months passed), this will be interesting to look forward to it.
Blacksmith and it's FMC
I really hope this happens, to show a realistic approach to the stuff she just went through. But my expectations are low so I don't get shocked

Dex-chan lover
Whats with everyone suddenly translating novel adaptations, and pretty sloppily at that?

The manga itself is kinda eh though. They made MC a generic cute girl without any muscles and no indications of having actually smithed enough to "reek of iron".

Dex-chan lover
I was thinking that the MC, as a blacksmith, should be stronger than she was drawn. But I guess she was exhausted from going through the forest for 3 days.

Dex-chan lover
I was thinking that the MC, as a blacksmith, should be stronger than she was drawn. But I guess she was exhausted from going through the forest for 3 days.
Exhausted and apathetic, the latter of which tends to happen when your hero turns out to be a major douchebag.

Contributor
Having a teenage female blacksmith be the protagonist in a fantasy is not something I see often, and while this part is new and very interesting to me... unfortunately the rest seems to be a generic "got kicked out from x, but mc is actually super capable and will start a new life" type of story, down to the asshole hero.

Not a fan of the attempted sexual assault by thugs (the sexual violence tag wasn't there when I first bookmarked this), but I guess the writer needed a way to introduce a male love interest and make him look cool. I hope it was just for that and sexual assaults aren't going to be a regular thing in this.

That said, maybe I'll continue to read just because the protagonist intrigues me. Is she going to become stronger than this? I do hope she doesn't end up being a damsel-in-distress type of female lead.

Dex-chan lover
Hmmm the typical formula of kicked out and actually very competent. It's just the mc is a girl this time.

It is still a shounen and I see reversal of the typical tropes due to mc being a girl, quite interesting I should say. But considering the immediate action towards the kicked out, I guess this is just another LN promotor manga and will end in 2 volumes

Users who are viewing this thread