Onna Shogun x Heisotsu - Ch. 19 - Defeat

Dex-chan lover
That's an abuse of power that would undermine trust in and authority of the monarchy and paint them as tyrants, and is how revolutions start. And if that happens, you know the commander would be slicing off royal heads herself.
Revolutions hardly ever start over a single wrongly punished junior officer. So while yes, it would absolutely be an abuse of power, royals did quite a bit worse with no serious consequences.

Dex-chan lover
Because it's a princess. And even if she would be fine with that, her parents surely wouldn't.

She opposes the monarchy, and we end up with two bodies hanging
What do her parents have anything to do with a personal duel that was selfishly started by her. And you really think the princess, who has nothing but respect for the commander, wouldn't listen to the commander?
It's a duel that was sanctioned and demanded by the princess herself. If he had defeated her without killing her and she tried to execute him for it, it would be equivalent to her sentencing a man to die on a whim. That's an abuse of power that would undermine trust in and authority of the monarchy and paint them as tyrants, and is how revolutions start.

And if that happens, you know the commander would be slicing off royal heads herself.
This. It's like people are trying to make excuses for the fact the male lead is so weak and pathetic and trying to paint that as a good thing. When said commander destroyed a dude that threatened him that could've let to her destruction.

Dex-chan lover
Revolutions hardly ever start over a single wrongly punished junior officer. So while yes, it would absolutely be an abuse of power, royals did quite a bit worse with no serious consequences.
Yes, this incident alone wouldn't start a revolution, but I wouldn't consider antagonizing their most powerful military commander to be "no serious consequence."

Dex-chan lover
Dude.... I mean I guess since she's going to be a leader but still. You lost to a little girl? How pathetic are you?

Sure the heroine isn't looking for strength but like come on. Have at least enough strength to where she doesn't have to worry about you.
Bro he’s a random ass soldier and she’s someone in a position of power, we do not fully understand how this country that the story takes place in works, so it could be possible that people in her position are trained from when they were very young, possibly from birth, considering how military focused it seems to be, plus he is most likely in the reserves due to the amount of free time he seems to have.

Dude.... I mean I guess since she's going to be a leader but still. You lost to a little girl? How pathetic are you?

Sure the heroine isn't looking for strength but like come on. Have at least enough strength to where she doesn't have to worry about you.
Do you genuinely think a regular foot soldier could legitimately fight a Princess and not be executed if he hurt her? c'mon bruh use that head

Double-page supporter

Regardless the political outcomes already mentioned, wielding a sword (i.e. long sharp steel rod) is not all about strength alone. I have very limited experience of fencing, but to me it is more about mundane everyday training to foster the skill than overpowering the rival. Hence the more skilled swordsman is more likely to win a duel in my book

If we want to go pedantic, the art shows them using no armour, so any hit to the body/head will have consequences and/or lead to defeat. Plus, dude seems to hold some weapon in two hands = no buckler/shield

Dex-chan lover
The princess won the right to watch the her opponent receive the healing that she's apparently strong enough to not need.

Users who are viewing this thread