Onnanoko wa Otoko no Tame no Kisekae Ningyou ja Neenda yo - Vol. 1 Ch. 6.5 - Are You a Natural Airhead?

Supporter
Thanks for the chapter!
uc

Dex-chan lover
the male protag's stick-on/clip art glasses are extremely annoying. How lazy do you have to be as an artist to design a character with glasses and then decide you're just not going to draw them?

If you didn't want to draw the glasses, don't give him glasses in the first place. Because these half-transparent things constantly sitting on his face at odd angles because you have to try and twist and squash them in photoshop so that they fit the perspective is terrible and distracting.

Fed-Kun's army
the male protag's stick-on/clip art glasses are extremely annoying. How lazy do you have to be as an artist to design a character with glasses and then decide you're just not going to draw them?

If you didn't want to draw the glasses, don't give him glasses in the first place. Because these half-transparent things constantly sitting on his face at odd angles because you have to try and twist and squash them in photoshop so that they fit the perspective is terrible and distracting.
It's a choice by purpose, if you didn't notice. The artist wanted the viewer to see a clear view of his eyes been this way since the beginning. If you're not satisfied then don't read and it's not even about lazy... ;-; bruh

Dex-chan lover
It's a choice by purpose
Yes. A bad one. Never too late to walk back a poor decision.

edit: Well, at least bad decisions concerning character design. Some other stuff, like stances on invading a neighbour country can reach points of no return.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
i think i got the feel of the series, its likely to be one of those healing type "fun things and cute things" manga
not bad, but its very light stuff at the end of the day

Fed-Kun's army
Yes. A bad one. Never too late to walk back a poor decision.

edit: Well, at least bad decisions concerning character design. Some other stuff, like stances on invading a neighbour country can reach points of no return.
I guess so... i don't really have any issue with it but well we have our own opinion, I just enjoy stuff alright and don't see any issues with it.

I literally couldn’t tell but looking back it’s so obvious. Looking back on previous chapters you can tell they use the same clip art of glasses, I don’t think it’s that distracting but I do think it’s lazy.

His character design is lazy so I think they wanted to give him something to distinguish him from some random guy. Without glasses he’s more of a nothing burger than he already is. (Regarding his character design) The author obviously gave more love to female character design which is sad to see.

Dex-chan lover
I literally couldn’t tell but looking back it’s so obvious. Looking back on previous chapters you can tell they use the same clip art of glasses, I don’t think it’s that distracting but I do think it’s lazy.

His character design is lazy so I think they wanted to give him something to distinguish him from some random guy. Without glasses he’s more of a nothing burger than he already is. (Regarding his character design) The author obviously gave more love to female character design which is sad to see.
At least he has got eyes. Lately there have been more and more romance/drama series that only have 1-4 pages per chapter, and while the female characters are detailed, naturally the female MC being extremely detailed, the male MC doesn't even have eyes. Like there's nothing in the face where the eyes should be, not even two black dots for extreme simplicity. I can't stomach that detail anymore, and have begun to drop series because of it.

Dex-chan lover
It's a choice by purpose, if you didn't notice. The artist wanted the viewer to see a clear view of his eyes been this way since the beginning. If you're not satisfied then don't read and it's not even about lazy... ;-; bruh
It's not the fact that they're transparent that bothers me (though that is kind of silly because if you don't want the glasses to obscure his face then don't have him wearing them). It's that he clearly didn't draw them. They're a pre-made clip art sort of thing that he simply placed over the face and then edited to try and make them fit in. Likely from a pack of design assets the same way that screen tones of complex patterns like plaid come from. It's fine when he's facing perfectly sideways or looking at the "camera" but when his head is angled the glasses are tilted and pinched to try and create perspective, but it's just not right/natural so it looks like they're just floating in front of his face. If the artist wanted glasses then draw them. The advantage of Photoshop is that you can edit bits independently so he could draw them on their own layer and then adjust the transparency of he wished.

At least he has got eyes. Lately there have been more and more romance/drama series that only have 1-4 pages per chapter, and while the female characters are detailed, naturally the female MC being extremely detailed, the male MC doesn't even have eyes. Like there's nothing in the face where the eyes should be, not even two black dots for extreme simplicity. I can't stomach that detail anymore, and have begun to drop series because of it.
Yeah I know what your talking about. I’ve also noticed that a lot of male mcs have a lack of a character design, including no eyes. Some are even excluding the male MC all together and just drawing them from the male pov and never showing there design. I understand why, most people just want a well made designed female MC to look at. I personally think to have a good romance both MC’s should be showed love and effort into there designs and personality’s. It’s sad.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah I know what your talking about. I’ve also noticed that a lot of male mcs have a lack of a character design, including no eyes. Some are even excluding the male MC all together and just drawing them from the male pov and never showing there design. I understand why, most people just want a well made designed female MC to look at. I personally think to have a good romance both MC’s should be showed love and effort into there designs and personality’s. It’s sad.
I think it's intended to appeal to a certain kind of otaku. Somewhere like a cross between making self-insertion easier and pandering to the kind of people who hate it when their idols have a boyfriend. The male lead is made so generic and self-effaced that (a) it's easy to imagine it as being you, or (b) he doesn't really count as a person at all so you don't have to be jealous while you're fixating on the female lead. I think it's pretty stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread