Ookami no Musume - Vol. 2 Ch. 10

Dex-chan lover
She can't tell her parents why, what else is she going to do, this is probably the best path for her.

She cannot accept the scholarship because she would be holding back every time in sports.
You are deliberately ignoring what I just said. She just ran away. She didn't even try to talk to her parents about this. I'm not going to vilify the parents if I have no idea how they would even react to her being a wolf. They could have been super supportive and her reasoning for not pursuing in sports. I don't know.

Running away just cuts away that possible option and leaves our FMC in a possibly very ugly position.

Dex-chan lover
She can't tell her parents why, what else is she going to do, this is probably the best path for her.

She cannot accept the scholarship because she would be holding back every time in sports.
Why can't she tell her parents? As far as I read, there was no law within the werewolves where they have to hide it. If anything, the parents (dad in particular) were supportive of anything that helped her grow as a person. They only soured their relationships when she began to abandon her studies.

You are deliberately ignoring what I just said. She just ran away. She didn't even try to talk to her parents about this. I'm not going to vilify the parents if I have no idea how they would even react to her being a wolf. They could have been super supportive and her reasoning for not pursuing in sports. I don't know.

Running away just cuts away that possible option and leaves our FMC in a possibly very ugly position.

I agree with eviljack here. All this could have been solved (to a degree) with even the barest amount of communication, especially with how open to new things her dad is.
"Dad, I'm a werewolf. This guy is helping me understand and control what I am. I stopped doing sports because I didn't want to accidentally turn into a wolf while in a sporting event. I don't want Mom to freak out so could you help me break the ice."

If she balanced herself, she could have enjoyed both. Study and get a degree, work part-time in the winery during weekends or breaks. Extremely tough socially - saying this from experience as a poor sap who had a ninety minute commute one way to college with two part time jobs - but doable. And in the end, if she still wants to work in the winery after the degree, then she'd have the support of her family and the backup path that a degree can confer.

Dex-chan lover
Damn, I was all ready to celebrate a slightly angsty, mostly fluffy post-Black Friday treat and I get saddled with lots of weepies :qq:

I'm going to go with nobody is particularly at fault here. Can't expect a teenager to effectively (or indeed accurately) communicate their wants and needs to their parents (gawd, not them), nor would I expect any parent to just accept such a complete 180 in their child's actions at face value.

Better communication would certainly have helped, but...can't realistically expect it to have happened. Hayate probably could have made some overtures to the mother during the last couple weeks, but she likely wouldn't have been (and could not be expected to be) responsive. Hoping white wolf boy finds her and helps her connect with/understand her wolf side :thumbsup:

I just hate having to wait until spring to find out :meguuusad:

Dex-chan lover
People who assume that all parents will be understanding will someday become parents who don't understand.

Dex-chan lover

Attempting to explain things to her parents could very well get her and the other werewolves killed or captured by the state.

Dex-chan lover
Okay, I'm sorry, but she didn't even try showing or explaining to her parents what the deal is. We've not seen them be anything other than good parents. From their perspective she's suddenly changed behavior, taken up with a strange adult and now she's run away. Any parent would think their kid was being groomed by a pedo and/or on drugs.

Dex-chan lover
Oh, Tsukina... this was not the right way to handle things. It's the teenager way to handle it, for sure. She thinks her mom will hate anything but the "perfect" facade she had until she found out who she really is. She doesn't even try to talk only to her dad, which is too bad for both of them. (Not that I would've talked to my dad about this kind of thing at that age.)
I think her mom is right to be worried. Her mom hasn't met Hayate's family or seen the positive effects. She's only seen an older man talking a lot to her daughter, and her daughter's behavior doing a 180.

It's too bad that they can't communicate, but I wonder if things would be worse if they did. I'd expect the parents to freak out if she transformed in front of them. As Hiclerlic mentions, Hayate's words would be ignored as well. I don't think Kirito would be of much help, either. Mayyyybe the doctor could intervene, but he's just a total stranger, so that could also flop.

I thought the mother had an idea about Tsukina's roots but it seems she doesn't. I can see why her mother is worried with Hayate & Tsukina's dynamic.

From the look of it, it seems the family doesn't have good communication skills overall and Tsukina just followed what her parents wanted for her. Until now, so I understand their disappointment.

Aggregator gang
Tbh, I understand the mother. Imagine out of nowhere your daughter is hanging out with an older man and randomly abandoning her studies. That would be terrifying as hell.

People above saying she should just “tell her parents” about the situation instead of leaving is a bit funny. It sounds easy but imagine just coming up and saying “Hey, I’m a werewolf that’s why I’m weird.” and magically turns into one, like ???? that’s literally crazy. Yes, communication is needed between them but it would definitely take some time for both of them, especially Tsukina who’s new to all of this. The mother should try to hear her daughter out instead of making assumptions, and Tsukina should also be honest with her situation. But this will definitely take some time and effort from both of them.

Again, thank you for the update!

Dex-chan lover
I think parents can benefit from reading this kind of manga too, if they'd enjoy it. This chapter feels real! And I bet most every kids felt misunderstood and hapless at some points in their lives ;_;

checked this one out because wanted to see the other series earl was translating. Did not disappoint! i just dont know how im gonna wait for the next chapter. appreciate the work :)

Dex-chan lover
Mom's worries are valid, and MC is being a teenager.

But this is all still frustrating to read. MC didn't even try to communicate with her worried parents, not even once.

At least leave a note in your farewell letter that you're a werewolf.

Dex-chan lover
The mother should try to hear her daughter out instead of making assumptions, and Tsukina should also be honest with her situation. But this will definitely take some time and effort from both of them.
Hard not to assume when your daughter doesn't say anything about what's happening.

Users who are viewing this thread