Ookami no Musume - Vol. 2 Ch. 6

Dex-chan lover
While it sucks for Tsukina, you can't really fault her mother here. Her teenage daughter drastically changed her normal behavior, started hanging out with an older man, is failing in school, quitting her sports team, etc. What is a mother supposed to think? Especially when Tsukina won't talk about any of it.

Dex-chan lover
While it sucks for Tsukina, you can't really fault her mother here. Her teenage daughter drastically changed her normal behavior, started hanging out with an older man, is failing in school, quitting her sports team, etc. What is a mother supposed to think? Especially when Tsukina won't talk about any of it.
Yes! She thinks she's grown! I loved when her mom checked her with, "I don't know what type of inspiration you're getting there..."

Dex-chan lover
Hits right in the feels, it does. The art is still just so...evocative :thumbsup:

Dex-chan lover
I honestly think the mom owes her daughter an explanation as in "You're a wolf because I banged a furry"

Dex-chan lover
The next time that one of these assholes expects her to just know something, she should wale on that asshole with a baseball bat.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, her miscommunication's pretty bad. I don't remember reading any part where they're bound to keep it secret either. She just has a feeling that she needs to keep it hidden for some odd reason.

I get that coming out as a werewolf isn't exactly gonna guarantee being welcomed by your adoptive parents with open arms (especially in Japanese society with how well-known it dislikes anything that can be "different", seeing as how being born with a different color of hair alone can lead you to be ostracized). But at the same, they're the people that adopted her. They quite literally chose her and they seem to be loving enough to allow her the freedom to rry out new experiences without being overly strict. They would probably ask her to keep it on the down low as well but I don't see them as the type of people to go 180 and hate the MC.

That asids, Tsukina's relationship with Hayate is a bit odd... 3rd year high in Japan is equivalent to our senior year (and they instead have 3 years pf middle school) so MC would probably land around the 16 - 18 range. Meanwhile, Hayate is 20 at minimum, but more likely to be around 23 or so. That's a pretty large age gap.

I get that he's the werewolf mentor. But at the same time, should a mentor really derail someone from attending college when that can literally be the difference between a good and a bad position with how competitive and rough the Japanese economy is?

Group Leader
"It's for your own good." is never a good thing to say. Sure she may grow complacent, having poor grades, not being able to enroll in an elite university, not getting recommendations for high-paying jobs...

But what's all that if she's not happy?

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, her miscommunication's pretty bad. I don't remember reading any part where they're bound to keep it secret either. She just has a feeling that she needs to keep it hidden for some odd reason.

That asids, Tsukina's relationship with Hayate is a bit odd... 3rd year high in Japan is equivalent to our senior year (and they instead have 3 years pf middle school) so MC would probably land around the 16 - 18 range. Meanwhile, Hayate is 20 at minimum, but more likely to be around 23 or so. That's a pretty large age gap.

I get that he's the werewolf mentor. But at the same time, should a mentor really derail someone from attending college when that can literally be the difference between a good and a bad position with how competitive and rough the Japanese economy is?
I think we see in Chapter 2 that Tsukina’s more scared that people will see her as a monster. Also hayate mentions that there are wolfs “in hiding” everywhere so I’m sure there is some safety measures to keep it a secret to avoid possible social disarray.

Hayate is 24 (chapter 3) and Tsukina is 18 (chapter 5)

And as far as hayate being okay with it, I think this circles back around to Tsukuba terrible communication skills. I’d almost bet money that he had no idea that any of this was affecting her school life this badly.

Double-page supporter
She had an internal monologue where she couldn't accept the sports referral because she would have to keep lying to herself, so I wonder if she'll run off to the vineyard.

Dex-chan lover
Thank god lol.
As I said in earlier ch, her relationship with Hayate and the author pointing out they’re gonna ultimately be together is so creepy rn. Well wtv, let’s see how Tsukina is gonna react. Hope she won’t do smth stupid but then again she’s a HS student, she’s allowed to act immature. Not Hayate tho. Act right, bro. You’re an adult 💀

Users who are viewing this thread