Ookami no Musume - Vol. 2 Ch. 7

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation! It's always a pleasant surprise seeing it pop up in my feed.

And, another chapter where the MC doesn't communicate with their adoptive parents. Parents continue to be loving, if a bit excessively strict, but it's pretty understandable given how close MC was to giving up her future. Seriously, a good portion of this 'issue' is MC not just saying "I'm a werewolf, I'd like to know my origin" and making a deal from there.

All she has to do is say, "I promise not to throw away my exam and do as best as I can in the interview if you please let me find out more about myself," then turn into a wolf and back. Afterwards, introduce Hayate as a werewolf expert and someone who's going to help her control her abilities or some other cover. Hell, her (adoptive) dad in chapter 3 was all for her going to the vineyard for the sake of experiencing culture at a young age. I'm sure he'd be more than supportive of learning more and experiencing another culture that's near and dear to her.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation! It's always a pleasant surprise seeing it pop up in my feed.

And, another chapter where the MC doesn't communicate with their adoptive parents. Parents continue to be loving, if a bit excessively strict, but it's pretty understandable given how close MC was to giving up her future. Seriously, a good portion of this 'issue' is MC not just saying "I'm a werewolf, I'd like to know my origin" and making a deal from there.

All she has to do is say, "I promise not to throw away my exam and do as best as I can in the interview if you please let me find out more about myself," then turn into a wolf and back. Afterwards, introduce Hayate as a werewolf expert and someone who's going to help her control her abilities or some other cover. Hell, her (adoptive) dad in chapter 3 was all for her going to the vineyard for the sake of experiencing culture at a young age. I'm sure he'd be more than supportive of learning more and experiencing another culture that's near and dear to her.
At the same time just going up to your parent and telling them you're a werewolf is a fantastic way to end up getting a mental health checkup. And the FMC's mother was already shown to be hysterical when it came to her daughter and who she was. The MC being hesitant to tell her parents is understandable in this story, if a bit hamfisted.

Group Leader
I'm not sure if it's the difference in culture, but where I live... if an adopted daughter revealed that she wasn't a human, she would be beaten/stoned to death by the mass.

Dex-chan lover
Parent drama aside, this chapter had a sense of urgency to it, which is a nice contrast with the SoL-y feeling that usually permeates through this work. Me likey :thumbsup:

Dex-chan lover
At the same time just going up to your parent and telling them you're a werewolf is a fantastic way to end up getting a mental health checkup. And the FMC's mother was already shown to be hysterical when it came to her daughter and who she was. The MC being hesitant to tell her parents is understandable in this story, if a bit hamfisted.
That's true... if she couldn't back it up by turning into a wolf in less than three seconds flat.

If my adoptive child said that they were a werewolf without backing it up, I'd chalk it up to late stage chuunibyou syndrome. But if they then turned into a wolf and back, then it'd be drastically different. She could even just say, "Watch this", turn into a wolf and back, and then explain instead of prefacing it with "I'm a werewolf."

I do understand the mother being very stringent and a bit of a helicopter parent being a huge barrier to saying anything. But the dad seems to have a relaxed and accepting character to him. He didn't show any kind of controlling nature in the past chapters.

No reason not to pull him aside, show him that she could turn into a wolf and spin it as some personal self-discovery thing. And looking in the past chapters, the mum relents a fair bit to the dad so I'd say that there's a good chance that it'd play out fine.

Fed-Kun's army
I'm pretty sure the parents, or at least the mother, don't need to be told their adopted daughter is a werewolf. They already know, and they want her to grow up without knowing that, as a "normal" person.

Dex-chan lover
I'm pretty sure the parents, or at least the mother, don't need to be told their adopted daughter is a werewolf. They already know, and they want her to grow up without knowing that, as a "normal" person.
That's also a good reason not to talk to them about it. I grew up knowing I was bi and I didn't tell my mother about it until I was well into my 30s because I knew she would react extremely negatively to that. I ended up being right about that and I don't regret waiting to tell her one bit.

I didn't notice the fact Kirito wasn't surprised about Tsukina's wolf form/color, instead of Hayate's family. This is an interesting detail!

Users who are viewing this thread