Ookami no Musume - Vol. 4 Ch. 17

Hayate is 24 yo and around 6 years older than Tsukina. He told her about his dad who left to go investigate white wolve territory when he was 5. And here we have Tsukina who is around 6 years younger than him and a gray wolf, which to white wolves is a symbol of sinistry. I'm guessing the sinistry was actually the intermingling between a white wolf and a black wolf. So Hayate might be Tsukina's half brother, as in his dad might have done a little bit more than investigate those white wolves. Gray wolves are not a specie according to the boy, but a symbol and a curse to them, meaning she was born amongst them. But since she was gray, her mom probably sent her to be raised by humans away from the other white wolves.

Dex-chan lover
Coloring in the sakura leaves are taking a lot longer than I anticipated o_O So, please expect the color pages around the final chapter of this volume. I'll slowly chip at it until it's completion and will update the pages accordingly! :)
u spoil us sm 🥹💗

Dex-chan lover
GWk53JFW4AAWVgy
GWk53JCWcAA0HLZ

my heart 😭 it 💗 aaaaa 😭💗💗💗💗

Dex-chan lover
A super chill sakura viewing chapter with a dramatic reveal of Kirito past that he's currently rejecting.
Fun

But as anyone who's put bandanas on dogs would know, those packs they were carrying at the beginning wouldn't have stayed on their backs with all that movement. XD
Hayate is 24 yo and around 6 years older than Tsukina. He told her about his dad who left to go investigate white wolve territory when he was 5. And here we have Tsukina who is around 6 years younger than him and a gray wolf, which to white wolves is a symbol of sinistry. I'm guessing the sinistry was actually the intermingling between a white wolf and a black wolf. So Hayate might be Tsukina's half brother, as in his dad might have done a little bit more than investigate those white wolves. Gray wolves are not a specie according to the boy, but a symbol and a curse to them, meaning she was born amongst them. But since she was gray, her mom probably sent her to be raised by humans away from the other white wolves.
While that kind of cliche could be expected, especially since a few readers have been predicting that the final pairing will be Tsukina X Kirito, I find it strange that the new white wolf described grays as symbols of something "sinister". I would have expected that a white wolf taking a black wolf as a mate to be viewed as a "traitor" and the grey offspring symbols of such, but that was not the language used. Might something else be going on?

Well, hopefully we'll get some answers regarding the white wolves at the very least this volume.

A super chill sakura viewing chapter with a dramatic reveal of Kirito past that he's currently rejecting.
Fun

But as anyone who's put bandanas on dogs would know, those packs they were carrying at the beginning wouldn't have stayed on their backs with all that movement. XD

While that kind of cliche could be expected, especially since a few readers have been predicting that the final pairing will be Tsukina X Kirito, I find it strange that the new white wolf described grays as symbols of something "sinister". I would have expected that a white wolf taking a black wolf as a mate to be viewed as a "traitor" and the grey offspring symbols of such, but that was not the language used. Might something else be going on?

Well, hopefully we'll get some answers regarding the white wolves at the very least this volume.
I would call that anything BUT cliche if that's indeed the case lol. As for Tsukina X kirito being the end game, the thing is I don't believe they will not only end up together, but they are already together. The wolf in her has already accepted Kirito's mating ritual, it's only the human side of her that we will see catch up in the end. The wolf in her wants to leave with him in the mountains, away from public eye as she herself said is great in the first chapter. The scene that perfectly captures this instinctual attraction is when she woke up close to him even though the scenario as some people were saying was that she was 'kidnapped'. It's like the wolf in her is drawn to him(her mate) and the mountains she looks excited to visit at the beginning of the chapter.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/7a60276c-9cdd-49a7-afb1-fda1b23e19fa/27
The first panel after they finished howling perfectly captures those 3.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
See, this is the chapter we wanted a bit ago.
They hang out, have a chill time, howl, and then we get some drama at the end.

I was thinking that Kirito has something special- the fog was clearly unique... but being the next ruler is quite the stakes.

Meanwhile, Tsukina's "gray" color was always going to be mixed ancestry. Sinister is probably the way a white wolf would see it, since it means that some other white wolf rejected their ways and mated with a black wolf. (IF that's how the color works. It could be wrong!)

Dex-chan lover
I really liked this chapter it has fun, wholesome and more lore. Great development. I still don’t like either wolf for her.

Funny how Kirito is supposed to be the king of white wolves, yet it seems he is running away from that responsibility.

From the white wolf’s POV; a gray one like Tsukina is a bad omen. She might not be the first one, perhaps a rarity, but they do hold something unique in their specimen. I wonder what it is.

What is intriguing is the fact Hayate’s dad; Kirito’s parents and Tsukina’s real family is missing. What is exactly going on in that forest?

It’s a very charming chapter, if only it could stay like that forever.

Aww it was cute to see them hang out together as wolves and humans. 💙 Can’t wait to learn more about their background.

Dex-chan lover
Hayate is a little jealous. Is he waiting for her to turn 20 before making a real move? His sister can already tell when Tsukina was trying to apply the grape vine water to his cheeks.

Dex-chan lover
I'm quite impressed how well the plot was integrated into the chapter. Even with the fluffy goodness of our trio just hanging out, the abrupt reveal and lore dump didn't feel abrupt.

The art is particularly beautiful this time around too. Can't really go wrong with sunsets in the mountains :win:

Missing Pages Reporter / Double Page Reader
Staff
Super Moderator
@earlbay I saw the note at the end of chapter 20. Looks like the original black and white pages were fully replaced by the colored ones now. Were they "fan-colored" or "officially colored"? They look great though!

Just wanted to make sure b/c the two rules we have about colored pages:
https://mangadex.org/rules
1727210213610.png

IMO, it would be nice to have both the black and white and the colored pages in the chapter. But if these colored pages are considered official, I guess it is fine to leave it as it is now.

Dex-chan lover
@earlbay I saw the note at the end of chapter 20. Looks like the original black and white pages were fully replaced by the colored ones now. Were they "fan-colored" or "officially colored"? They look great though!

Just wanted to make sure b/c the two rules we have about colored pages:
https://mangadex.org/rules
View attachment 8202

IMO, it would be nice to have both the black and white and the colored pages in the chapter. But if these colored pages are considered official, I guess it is fine to leave it as it is now.
I guess both? While I did color them, it is modeled after the official color pages. So I guess it'd be no different than if I cleaned the magazine colored pages. If you mean official color pages in the sense that only the ones from the magazine are allowed then that would not be what I have.

I'll private message you the images if that's okay and you can tell me what I'd need to do from there.

Users who are viewing this thread