Ookami Ryoushu no Ojou-sama - Vol. 4 Ch. 18

Dex-chan lover
@cowjazz We appreciate your work. Though we waited for it, health still is priority, just like Tntxgaming1 wrote.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the TL.
Gonna assume it was indeed something she owned or is related too.

Dex-chan lover
Yay another chapter :) thanks so much for the work and no big deal at any delay. You aren't obligated to do this and I am just grateful you are when you can. Hope life is going well for yea for your mental state.

As for the chapter, man, Jasmine sure is cute af and so energetic and fun. Glad she is there for Shirley to help her become a more open and happy normal girl with out all the trauma and pain from before. Though I still think I don't personally would have written the series to have her and Kaid end up together (he doesn't deserve it in this life imo lol), it is still all good.

Also, yep, gonna bet money the dude hates the people of Reius for killing her. As they should be hated tbh. As a dumb mob they executed an innocent... hell, a lot of what the former rulers was blamed for wasn't even their doing (not that they were good) from what I recall with the novel.

Dex-chan lover
@TheGodEmperor I know right that and why did the king not purge him for over throwing a noble family he presumely put in charge or at least the previous royalty if this was crusader kings and some outside random killed off one of the nobles and took over it would be head lobbing time

Dex-chan lover
The two of them got a moment of peace and happiness, which means it's time for all the sleeper agents to activate.
As a dumb mob they executed an innocent...
A mob do be a mob. Hating the girl that lived in luxurious ignorance while everyone suffered to pay for her stuff is quite easy.

Though as has been re-iterated repeatedly throughout the work, as awful as it was, having her killed was the correct decision. The populace has peace of mind, and the connected corrupt nobles don't immediately pounce on her to use her status and inheritance for themselves.
@TheGodEmperor I know right that and why did the king not purge him for over throwing a noble family he presumely put in charge or at least the previous royalty if this was crusader kings and some outside random killed off one of the nobles and took over it would be head lobbing time
Kaid was the son of a noble himself, and the king wanted something done about them but couldn't touch them for fear of reprisal. Though why the king gave him the territory and didn't punish him for the sake of appearances, I don't know.

Dex-chan lover
The novel explains it more, but the former lords, her family, were a real thorn for the royalty and they couldn't do anything about them because they had distant royal blood in em. So Kaid basically helped the king by getting rid of em.

Dex-chan lover
The two of them got a moment of peace and happiness, which means it's time for all the sleeper agents to activate.

A mob do be a mob. Hating the girl that lived in luxurious ignorance while everyone suffered to pay for her stuff is quite easy.

Though as has been re-iterated repeatedly throughout the work, as awful as it was, having her killed was the correct decision. The populace has peace of mind, and the connected corrupt nobles don't immediately pounce on her to use her status and inheritance for themselves.

Kaid was the son of a noble himself, and the king wanted something done about them but couldn't touch them for fear of reprisal. Though why the king gave him the territory and didn't punish him for the sake of appearances, I don't know.
I dunno if I agree with it being the correct moral decision. And it is more her speculation that would have happened, noting confirmed and nothing to say it couldn't easily be countered. After all, as I said, in the novel, the king wanted that family gone. Her being a woman, sadly, prolly would mean she couldn't inherit or so as easily if it is a typical patriarchal society. Hell, coulda married Kaid in her last life as a solidifying of his power. But, man, that would be awkward after everything.

Honestly, hard to say since there is much about the world to learn and would depend on how complicated the author would want to make the politics and society. But I will never believe that an immoral action in haste, as it was, would be the truly right decision

Users who are viewing this thread