Ookami Ryoushu no Ojou-sama - Vol. 4 Ch. 22

Dex-chan lover
Brooooo this biiiiiiiiiiiiiish. Someone make her go away.

Does anyone have spoilers on what happens to her? I hope she gets hers.

Aggregator gang
Ah it's tough when the original spelling doesn't flow well or sound quite right. I liked the translator's names and wouldn't have minded staying with those. But I can understand the desire to remain faithful to the text!

I think the Princess sent assassins after herself. Why? No idea. But my guess is every time she says someone is "adorable", she's thinking something very very bad. Something aint right about her, nope nope... 😬

FLs accidental confession was absolutely fantastic! 🥰

Dex-chan lover
Official spelling
If it's just their names written on the document there and not an official localization, I'd take that "official" with a grain of salt.
A particular scene from early Death Note comes to mind:
cCmclv1.png

Group Leader
Ah it's tough when the original spelling doesn't flow well or sound quite right. I liked the translator's names and wouldn't have minded staying with those. But I can understand the desire to remain faithful to the text!
In fairness to the official spellings, the original translators' interpretations of the names could sometimes be a bit off from the original text. For example, Shirley's last name is the syllables hi-n-su, so Hince is actually a more faithful reading than Heinz, even if it sounds less like a name. Similarly, they interpreted ka-ro-n as Carol, though I've opted to stick with Carol because in english it's a much more natural nickname for Carolina than Caron.

That said, Kaid vs. Caid is entirely in the spelling, and frankly, I like the letter K better than C in most cases. Caid just looks so weird.

(Granted, a lot of names in this are weird. Artem, Marsh, Caid... they aren't really names I'm used to.)

Dex-chan lover
I hate all these official names, just because it's official doesn't mean that the official translation knows Jack shit

Dex-chan lover
oof, 5 typos of the same word in the credits page, you forgot the r in congratulations

Supporter
what's the princesss game ? is she gonna be "wolf in sheep clothing" calculated type since she got people who want her dead or she's just another unhinged person who did something crazy in background(like kidnapping/slave/weird fetish) or something since her face at last page is total red flag.

I can't rmb about fennel's warning about princess tho.
ahh. he was that jeweler guy.

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
last page... i know that face... cuz i also make that face everytime i see my two cats cuddling each other...

Dex-chan lover
Honestly though, in this day and age, these publishers and editors should hired native language speakers to spellcheck characters' names. They can even make it a side job for the local English language teachers. But, I guess they don't care that much, even when they need to spell out the names in Western letters.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Yeah, those names are worse. Look much more like transliterations than translations.

The dialogue between the princess and the maid just feels like something tacked on there to show she's a good person.

I would flip her love and affection around.

Listening in to girls talking is a bit on the rude side.

If she passed away a few years after childbirth, I don't think she was too weak to give birth. Giving birth is such a strain on the body that if you survive the complications for that long, that's no longer the reason you die. I mean, I could be wrong, but it just feels so romanticised.

That almost looks like a yandere face...

Did Uncle King connect some dots?
Almost looked like it.

For example, Shirley's last name is the syllables hi-n-su, so Hince is actually a more faithful reading than Heinz, even if it sounds less like a name. Similarly, they interpreted ka-ro-n as Carol, though I've opted to stick with Carol because in english it's a much more natural nickname for Carolina than Caron.
Could also just go for Caro. But that might just be me.

Regarding being more faithful to the reading, I think that's a bit of a trap. In that case Kuraudo and Earisu would be "more correct". You have to go more for the intention than the literal reading.

That said, Kaid vs. Caid is entirely in the spelling, and frankly, I like the letter K better than C in most cases. Caid just looks so weird.
On the other hand, I prefer Cain over Kain, though both works.

Granted, a lot of names in this are weird. Artem, Marsh, Caid... they aren't really names I'm used to.)
That's par for the course in manga with non-Japanese names. Some try for European style, while others go straight for fantasy.

Users who are viewing this thread