Ookami Ryoushu no Ojou-sama - Vol. 5 Ch. 26

Dex-chan lover
YOU should be a prostitute you BISH
thats cute how they completely accepted her, i wouldnt have been able to handle them turning against her when they knew--
now, prince, i hope you're doing well preparing for a coup d'état with all the other nobles. you better do. for real.
anyway thanks for the chapters and take care of yourself sis <3

as terrible as the princess is, and as much as i want her to regret her actions (and words!!!), it's interesting that she's actually a capable ruler, technically speaking?

Dex-chan lover
I don't blame the other lords for not wanting to go to the king's funeral, seems like it could easily become theirs, especially with Ezador "lost to the forest" on his way from the palace

Dex-chan lover
It's a little baffling that all of the prince's subordinates defected but none of the territories are siding with the princess, either. The idea that the subordinates just are so infatuated that she doesn't have to spend any money or do any favors to get them to do what she wants without directly ordering it (assuming she actually truly did not order her dad's death) feels like it should be some sort of magical interference, but the fact that none of the territories fold say that it isn't. Was the prince's hiring process so bad he just doesn't have any competent and loyal people inside the castle?
My guess? The prince's subordinates were within the reach of the princess's subordinates so chose to bend the knee. The lords are outside her direct reach so don't have to fear being murdered the second they oppose the princess.

Group Leader
It's a little baffling that all of the prince's subordinates defected but none of the territories are siding with the princess, either. The idea that the subordinates just are so infatuated that she doesn't have to spend any money or do any favors to get them to do what she wants without directly ordering it (assuming she actually truly did not order her dad's death) feels like it should be some sort of magical interference, but the fact that none of the territories fold say that it isn't. Was the prince's hiring process so bad he just doesn't have any competent and loyal people inside the castle?
without spoiling anything, i do want to say that this is something that the next chapter will cover. i'm taking a break for christmas weekend but i'll be working on it after that.

Dex-chan lover
This chapter showed an interesting side to the princess I wasn't expecting. I thought, like many others, that she was so innocent due to being sheltered and not knowing how the world actually works. But she seems to be a lot more competent in leadership in this chapter than I was expecting. Which means her mindset doesn't come from ignorance, but a warped personality. Which is actually more disturbing. Especially what she said on pages 20 and 21. That is a really messed up thing to say to someone, let alone her "best friend" and the fact that she thinks she is being complementary is insane.

Also brief aside, it still surprises me how quickly people are willing to believe Shirley's backstory. I mean it's somewhat fair enough for the people who knew her back then, but Samoa and Jasmine here didn't question it at all..

Dex-chan lover
This chapter showed an interesting side to the princess I wasn't expecting. I thought, like many others, that she was so innocent due to being sheltered and not knowing how the world actually works. But she seems to be a lot more competent in leadership in this chapter than I was expecting. Which means her mindset doesn't come from ignorance, but a warped personality. Which is actually more disturbing. Especially what she said on pages 20 and 21. That is a really messed up thing to say to someone, let alone her "best friend" and the fact that she thinks she is being complementary is insane.

Also brief aside, it still surprises me how quickly people are willing to believe Shirley's backstory. I mean it's somewhat fair enough for the people who knew her back then, but Samoa and Jasmine here didn't question it at all..
it's less of a personality tick I think and more of her general mentality, she's innocent but also narcissistic and highly capable, she does not even register how most of her actions operate and views all her actions as being morally good because in the end, she helps who she set out to help which makes her highly competent since she has been raised on a "I will help all by being a wise ruler"
also unlike everyone else here, I don't want her gutted by a rebellion... since we have reincarnation about I can only fear what her keeping her memories and maintaining that mindset while carrying baggage and insight from her death would create for any position she attains

Fed-Kun's army
Insomniacs unite! 😆

Thanks for the translation. I had no idea this story continued. Lol
I'm not sure if this counts as a "good" surprise though considering the cliffhanger...

Users who are viewing this thread