Ookii Onnanoko wa Suki Desu ka? - Vol. 8 Ch. 74 - Twins’ Secret

Dex-chan lover
Shame that this series is being dropped. I can only hope that vol 9 isnt where the series becomes better.

Dex-chan lover
Rest in fucken pepperoni. Since I only got this way of reading manga, I have to throw this on the trashed list. Damn.
url

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the years of TL-ing this Tomoshibi and Squiggles.

I wonder if another group will be willing to pick up this slog of a series... I just want to see this end out of sunk-cost fallacy... but I'm not really that too invested to actually buy the official release considering how the story has been.

Anyone knows about the translation quality of the official version?
I've just bought Vol 1 and it's quickly apparent that the use of honorifics have been scaled back.
In the scanlations where Julia had been translated with 'awkward' Japanese as you would imagine a foreigner would have, in the official release she speaks flawlessly which takes away some of her depth of character.
Other than that, there are the obvious differences between how a passage is translated by two different people, but the meanings come across much the same.
Sound effects are translated which I like, but when every repetitive FX in a panel has its translation, the panels get a bit cluttered.
Also, it has been interesting spotting what changes have been made to the art between magazine and tank versions. In the first few pages where Kaouru is kidnapping Souta, in the train where the handstrap bar hits her head her mouth is changed from a grimace to a smile. Same page, the details of the gymnasium exterior are changed slightly. At the other end of the scale, some pages have been completely redrawn and others added. For instance, ch 3 where Souta and the captain have sex in the dining room is drawn a bit more graphic with only the genitalia fogged out, and a couple of extra pages of it. Bonus.

Users who are viewing this thread