OOPARTS

If you’re going to be modern, at least make the setting properly. The plot isn’t much and the characters are even less. The art and OOPARTS are all I like.
It’s generic shounen trash.

Idiot walks into fight without calling teacher when he’s crippled. Idiot walks around with his eyes glued to the ground. Idiot doesn’t call cops and follows people who want to beat his ass. Idiot wins fight because of his OOPARTS but decides to walk around with his eyes glued to the ground again. No wonder he got into a traffic accident. This is a grade A dumbass. No situational awareness at all. He just wants to be strong and kick ass.

The museum didn’t have a guard? Why are the two women glued to the ground? Why didn’t a crowd form after loud noises and part of the museum blew open? So he inexplicably slips past everything with OOPARTS controlling? There are cameras! Cops should call him in for the incident, as the two women saw him.

There’s the dumbass bully squad who call for help when they get beat up. It’s so ridiculous. You get no attachment. The kid getting bullied doesn’t even have a close relationship to the idiot MC. MC just wants to play hero. No goals, no attachments, just, “Hey, I was top dog once, and now I have to deal with monsters and punks.” I think this is a first where the MC doesn’t have a scene with his family in the first few chapters.

The lore is all over the place, author just keeps throwing new termins and jargon at you without properly explaining anything. It's feels very busy without any need to be. Art is nice though

Dex-chan lover
hmm, after all these chapters we are still barely anywhere, this thing is as slow as rooftop sword master, and even worse it's over the top shonen-y.
MC literally punched people with super destructive power and no one died, only bruises, whereas the random thugs were implicitly said as having done something close to murder, though we still don't get blood.
Makes me wonder is this some kid manhwa or something, Im pretty sure korean publishers don't really care about bloods and stuffs.

Shame I actually like this ooparts shits or something but every chapter is literally just him training his artifact.
Would be cool if the story gives balanced amount of world building.
Him waking up, train, waking up train, met comically evil guy, talking to his pig sorcerer, very short behind the scene act from some mysterious organization, is literally the entire story so far.

I like this one a lot. Thanks Reset Scans for your hard work. Looking forward to new updates. 🙏🏽

Dex-chan lover
Without going into specifics, the comments deriding it were somewhat correct, the novel/manhwa writer messed up and had to axe it because they wrote themselves into diverging stories, and the ending got annoying in the meta story addresses the reader way.

The rest of it is currently on Resetscans, but I'm now not sure it was worth the read

Users who are viewing this thread