Opening a thread that has a new post doesn't open on the new post

Dex-chan lover
When I click a thread that has a new post the effect is a bit random now.
Sometimes it opens on the top of the page or midway through the last page but not on the new unread post.
It does the same thing when clicking a reacted post... the top of the page... a few posts before or after...
is it the PaleMoon browser or a new bug? :nyoron:

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
Have you tested this in a mainstream browser? I cannot replicate the issue with Chrome/Firefox/Safari.

Group Leader
I have no issues with Pale Moon.
If I click on the title it brings me to the latest unread post.
However last time I did it there was yesterday, but I doubt the MD staff changed the forum in a day.

Dex-chan lover
This happened to me too. I suspect the reason is related to images loading in the page and screwing with the scroll. (I'm using Chrome btw.)
Does it happen to you in threads with large images too?

Dex-chan lover
The feature works fine with Vivaldi.
When it loads the destination page it goes straight to the unread post or reaction post,
then loads the rest of the page, images and media.
But it seems Pale Moon sends me to somewhere in last page limbo and becomes confused by the images and media loading and I have to find the post myself while the page dances and twitches loading the content. I does appear to be related to PM....
Perhaps this is a case for @Mima-sama? :nyoron:
Does it happen to you in threads with large images too?
Bingo :thumbsup:

Dex-chan lover
Seems to happen in other browsers too (tested in Edge and Mercury [which is basically a Firefox 112 rebuild]), if I read your issue correctly. Testcase: https://forums.mangadex.org/threads/the-smol-girl-appreciation-section.1274236/page-2#post-17600875

It seems easier to reproduce if the thread has a Twitter embed.
Yeah I've come to terms with the Twitter embeds in the Towa thread breaking the flow regardless of the browser used but don't recall many Twitter stream embed in the Smol girl thread. :thonk:

Users who are viewing this thread