Operation Demon Castle Date! - Vol. 1 Ch. 10 - Operation 10

I think trying is valuable by itself. If you want, I could always try to help look over text to help check the english, either then I am really glad you're so passionate about such a cute series. I'd rather offer help than offer criticism
Yeah, if you can support us by helping check the English, you can contact us through this person's Facebook (https:"//" www(.)facebook(.)com?"/"thien.caonhat.52), thank you~

I think trying is valuable by itself. If you want, I could always try to help look over text to help check the english, either then I am really glad you're so passionate about such a cute series. I'd rather offer help than offer criticism
or facebook (Thích Thì Dịch), thank you~

Dex-chan lover
thank you for taking the time to translate a chapter, even if it wasn't "the next one" it was still nice to see these useless gals just being pals again...save for the childhood friend who introduced the term literal disaster lesbian into these poor girls vocabulary. I also have to ask... did Diana just make a Gojo reference?

Dex-chan lover
Man most people here are extremely Venomous.. are they teenagers? No amount of tolerance or understanding.. the skip is unfortunate but this is done to guide the interest for this series. If you are venomous, this series will never get picked up.. the series is always spoiled because of translations of another language being available way before the translations in English. The series being spoilt was inevitable.. harassing the translators does help your cause. It’s just throwing Tantrums..

Dex-chan lover
the series is always spoiled because of translations of another language being available way before the translations in English. The series being spoilt was inevitable..
This is ridiculous. Most of the people who are upset can't read those other languages and only see the English language chapters when they come out that is WHY they are waiting for the English release and WHY they are upset. The series only gets spoiled when someone comes along and deliberately posts later chapters for no sensible reason.

The series is already being translated to English, it already has interest as you can see by the number of people who excitedly clicked into a new chapter only to find out another group decided to post 6 chapters ahead. Not only was that unnecessary and ruined the experience for a number of readers but despite the response they've done it again now and posted Ch9. Why?

If groups want to use MD as a place to get feedback on their English skills or to do an ongoing series just because at LEAST start from Ch1. Or, push Mangadex to create some method of having distinct chains when chapters are added by multiple groups. But the way this works now is that posting chapters ahead is spoiling.

Dex-chan lover
The series is already being translated to English, it already has interest as you can see by the number of people who excitedly clicked into a new chapter only to find out another group decided to post 6 chapters ahead. Not only was that unnecessary and ruined the experience for a number of readers but despite the response they've done it again now and posted Ch9. Why?
At least the number goes down so there's hope.

Group Leader
But that's still quite a dumb idea for a group to make? "Let's translate up to chapter 10 in Vietnamese, while English is only up to 4. And then we randomly translate 10 to English. The people will love us, I promise!" - "Ok, sounds like a good plan. Lets do it!"
I also experienced being snipped recently, so I now perceive this as a normal occurrence =]]

P/S: Like some "wise" (idiot) philosopher once said: "Anyone can translate whatever they damned please as long as it’s not utter dogshit. It ain’t professional work" I hope no hypocritical individual shows up here criticizing sniping behavior, especially after recently defending a sniper themselves, like Macrosis or whoever that is =]]]]]]]]

Last edited:
Geezz, I don't see what the fuss is all about, why do people keep overreacting like this? Do /u/ Scanlations and Still Learning own this manga? No. The true owners of the work are the authors and not any translation groups. So why bother? Those who condemn the sniping issue are all a bunch of hypocrites when they themselves sit here reading pirated manga.

Yeah, it seems like you're misunderstanding our intention. Actually, I just wanted to test the interaction of the story, @@(meaning I wonder if anyone is still looking forward to it), currently other chapters are being redrawn, especially chapters 6 and 7 are really difficult @@, but I think there will soon be chapters from 5-15 for everyone to read read temporarily (because I think translating Vietnamese to English can still be inaccurate), please don't be too strict with us, we just want to challenge ourselves with a different language~
Keep translating, young man, I don't care what language you use to translate into English (Vietnamese, Thai, Indian, or even Arabic). Translating pirated manga is the freedom of each person, and no one has the right to forbid you from translating. Those here are not professional translators, so don't consider their criticisms important. It's just some random person dropping random words in a small place called Mangadex that no one cares about.

I also experienced being snipped recently, so I now perceive this as a normal occurrence =]]

P/S: Like some "wise" (idiot) philosopher once said: "Anyone can translate whatever they damned please as long as it’s not utter dogshit. It ain’t professional work" I hope no hypocritical individual shows up here criticizing sniping behavior, especially after recently defending a sniper themselves, like Macrosis or whoever that is =]]]]]]]]
You don't seem to get the issue at all. I am not criticising "sniping". Imo when a manga has not been updated in a long time and is a ton of chapters behind native releases, it isn't even sniping. There is no need to sneakily ""steal/kill"" a project, when it is lying dead on your doorstep.

But translating chapters, that basically no one can use, is just an a***hole move. Like holding candy repeatedly in front of child and pulling it back, whenever the child tries to grab it. Who in their right mind reads the first few chapters, skips about as many as he has just read, read one and then go slowly back to the skip?!

At the current pace it will be another 3 months until we may be able to read chapter 10, which was translated around a month ago. Holding a carrot in front of people's faces for 4 months is just pure cruelty.

Group Leader
You don't seem to get the issue at all. I am not criticising "sniping". Imo when a manga has not been updated in a long time and is a ton of chapters behind native releases, it isn't even sniping. There is no need to sneakily ""steal/kill"" a project, when it is lying dead on your doorstep.

But translating chapters, that basically no one can use, is just an a***hole move. Like holding candy repeatedly in front of child and pulling it back, whenever the child tries to grab it. Who in their right mind reads the first few chapters, skips about as many as he has just read, read one and then go slowly back to the skip?!

At the current pace it will be another 3 months until we may be able to read chapter 10, which was translated around a month ago. Holding a carrot in front of people's faces for 4 months is just pure cruelty.
No, you misunderstood, I also hate this myself. However, after personally investigating these types of dramas on mangadex, I wonder about the ethical standards on a website that is inherently illegal like mangadex. Two days ago, I also got angry but then realized it was a meaningless act because this is considered the "common culture" of mangadex. I only hate hypocritical people who defend sniping, but then come here to criticize and set standards for translation, while everything here is free and illegal. That's what I call double standards. Therefore, I see this event as a normal occurrence.

Keep translating, young man, I don't care what language you use to translate into English (Vietnamese, Thai, Indian, or even Arabic). Translating pirated manga is the freedom of each person, and no one has the right to forbid you from translating. Those here are not professional translators, so don't consider their criticisms important. It's just some random person dropping random words in a small place called Mangadex that no one cares about.
So, just because we are not professional translators, we are not allowed to complain, right? Meh, this website is getting worse day by day. But hey, I'm with you on this - seems like nobody gives a damn about Mangadex these days, and I think I've figured out why.

https://ibb.co/PjLMDjr

So, just because we are not professional translators, we are not allowed to complain, right? Meh, this website is getting worse day by day. But hey, I'm with you on this - seems like nobody gives a damn about Mangadex these days, and I think I've figured out why.

True, you have no right and no one has given you that right. From the beginning, this website has been illegal, so what standards are you setting for it? If you think your translation skills are superior, then apply for a job related to it instead of hanging out on websites where weebs are debating whether this chapter's translation is lit or not.

And if I want to watch illegally translated manga, Comick is always ready to meet that demand, they even upload series that have been licensed in English. So, don't point fingers at folks like me for why mangadex ain't got nobody paying attention.

Yuri Enjoyer
Staff
Developer
seems like nobody gives a damn about Mangadex these days, and I think I've figured out why.

For what it’s worth, the site is doing fine; February, in leap years like 2024, has 93.5% as many days as January. You do the math.

But that aside, at the end of the day you are right in that most people don’t give a damn (and never did) about MangaDex, scanlators, and these sorts of « honor amongst thieves » things. Popularity contests aren’t won by just doing the right ™️ thing.

Whether it be:
  • site operators hosting officials, not allowing scanlator takedowns, forcing a single release per chapter for user convenience, …
  • scanlators MTLing, sniping, outright selling their stuff, …
  • readers giving attention to places hosting officials when they exist and are reasonably priced

So others are not wrong (if snarky) when they say that if you want a more formally codified environment, you have to follow the legal route, with its own problems (the grass is always greener, etc.).

Like the rest of us, make peace with it all. We’re having fun because we like reading these manga, and it’s what matters.

Group Leader
True, you have no right and no one has given you that right. From the beginning, this website has been illegal, so what standards are you setting for it?
Wanna hear a joke? The standard for protecting the reputation of a nation in the fan translation community :]]]

Wanna hear a joke? The standard for protecting the reputation of a nation in the fan translation community :]]]
And that will be the silliest and funniest thing in the entire universe that I have ever heard. Protecting the reputation of a nation in the fan translation community? It's like warning people not to embarrass their own turf on SuprBay forum. That's how the cookie crumbles, YOLO! Those who come up with these standards are either suffering from neurological issues or delusions due to excessive self-absorption in weed unless they're a hardcore Chinese patriot and part of the CCP.

Nice joke, dude, and I will give you that.

This is why I didn't want to translate it into English unless I had some kind of editor. I've been doing the Spanish translation but since I'm not an English native speaker I didn't want to try it. The one who translated ch1~4 dropped mainly cause it needs redrawing, they were not willing to retake it. It's ok for vietnamese speakers but readers in this site are mainly English readers, another reason why I didn't upload the Spanish translation here but somewhere else

Users who are viewing this thread