Opposites in Disguise

Dex-chan lover
A cleverly designed setting through the character personalities that isn't as tropey as you would think because there is a consistent backstory behind the trope. 10/10

Dex-chan lover
@Firemorfox
Even if the script is as good as you think, you have to deduct a few points for the art quality. It's obviously drawn by a beginner. Not just art, but scene's composition, emotions, gestures, a lot of stuff can be improved. Don't get me wrong, everyone are beginners initially, it's absolutely not something shameful, but any manga/comic is a combination of script and art. You have to evaluate them as one.

Dex-chan lover
@vodkavodka True, the artist is a beginner for sure. I personally never cared about the art (normally I read WN/LN, so I don't really notice the art unless it's extravagant like "Tower of God"), so I guess I did leave it out in my rating.

Group Leader
@Firemorfox @vodkavodka Hey lads, thanks for the feedback!

Aye, I'm learning and improving as I go. I started this project with a writer friend of mine so I can jumpstart my learning even faster since I'm forced to study and do things outside of my comfort zone, so the art quality is definitely not up to par yet but I'll get there eventually.

Hopefully it's still enjoyable for you my dudes~

Dex-chan lover
I can't tell whether or not the artist is a beginner or not(only read chp 1 so far, dunno about the pilot), but I do know I love the way the art is drawn. Features like the nose definition and the curves of the eyes and face feels perfectly balanced and neat. I also love the over-exaggerated drawings and styles. Certain aspects kind of reminds me of Shinbo's works(Bakemonogatari, Zetsubou Sensei, Maria Holic,etc). There is a bit of inconsistency in the boldness of those lines, but I don't have much issue with that; just an observation. The backgrounds are pretty lacking, but that doesn't bother me either(again, just an observation). All in all, seems like a great start in my opinion. I enjoyed the story enough after the first chapter to want to continue. I just hope the writing can keep up with the art.

Dang I am thoroughly impressed by this. At face value it seemed to be just another trope series, but it this is so well written. I just read it all in one sitting. The characters all have great dynamics and interactions with one another. The art (while not to the level others may appreciate) really helps. There is just such charm with the goofy reactions (which made me think of Great Estate Developer) but the serious scenes are still given their gravitas. Could the art be better? Sure, but I'm a sucker for a well made story and this is a gem. Looking forward to more!

Dang I am thoroughly impressed by this. At face value it seemed to be just another trope series, but it this is so well written. I just read it all in one sitting. The characters all have great dynamics and interactions with one another. The art (while not to the level others may appreciate) really helps. There is just such charm with the goofy reactions (which made me think of Great Estate Developer) but the serious scenes are still given their gravitas. Could the art be better? Sure, but I'm a sucker for a well made story and this is a gem. Looking forward to more!

Never mind. I just did a thorough search. On webtoon someone commented that the author had dropped this series. I am distraught.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread