Optimisation/Improvement Of Upload/Download Speed Requirements For Mangadex

Group Leader
First about the upload speed, even if the upload is consistent and slow, it gives up in between. Sometimes completes upto 100% then gives up, you know the usual "something wrong happen with the upload". But if you have fast upload speed, no problem. That's why I think timeout is the biggest culprit, but there could be some other bug as well, IDK. So I don't like that Mangadex gives up even on a consistent but slow connection.

Now for download, mangadex is slower compared to other websites, when it comes to loading images. Sometimes it gets stuck in the loop and doesn't recover. Refreshing the page solves it sometimes. But yeah usually slower in general.

Side suggestion : Are those 1,2,3....etc (number of pics) with loading sign needed? They make the process look even slower than it is. If possible, maybe remove them? Especially if it can help with loading.

Second problem is what I can live with, but not the first one, as I wasted so much time, effort and bandwidth just trying to upload a single chapter. Also tried different methods, hoping something would work.

This all could be related to the use of big & small servers by mangadex as well. You know for those, whoms traffic is going through big servers, they may never have a problem but those going through small servers may have problem all the time. Also again, those with fast connection may never face any problem. But it's the people with medium and low speeds that'd suffer in both scenarios, and if their traffic could go through big servers, if mangadex makes it that way somehow, they may never have issues as well.

That's all the analysis I could do based on the information I have.

So yeah, I would love it, if all this is optimised/improved in the future.

rdn

Forum Admin
Staff
Developer
@Agent4T7 If you have a bad connection to our ddos-guard provider, that's unfortunately nothing we can help you with.
An alternative is the fileurl upload, where you can paste a dropbox or googledrive link and have the server download it that. As a groupleader you have access to this feature on the upload form.

Users who are viewing this thread