Ore dake Fuguu Skill no Isekai Shoukan Hangyakuki ~Saijaku Skill "Kyuushuu" ga Subete o Nomikomu made~ - Vol. 3 Ch. 18 - The Barrier

Dex-chan lover
So, Yuto and the demon queen went through all this trouble just so that the financial minister would reveal to the heroes publicly that he's a backstabbing scumbag? Yuto wasn't going to do anything about the bastard himself, he just wanted the heroes to witness it. I guess he could also foresee that Malcolm would bring all of the animal ear folks with him, so that Yuto & demon queen could free them, once everything is said and done.

It seems, awfully much, to me that Yuto is going to great lengths to not interfere with the human empire any more than he needs to. He doesn't wants to dirty his own hands by killing any human villains. I don't know if he's soft or if he simply doesn't care. Back when the heroes killed the demon children, Yuto certainly didn't do much beyond slightly frowning. He didn't even end up killing the Onibaba (whatever was the punk's name) fool. It annoys me personally he's all the time behaving like he's some super cool and calm, mysterious badass, but at the end of the day, he doesn't really want to make decisions or become involved. As much of a tool as Miyamoto is, I feel like he's onto something when he criticises Yuto's attitude.

Dex-chan lover
I still don't get what the kingdom has against malcolm's treatment of the heroes (the stuff with beastmen, sure). Considering the entire thing was clearly condoned by the state, and nigh traditional. Where they are ingrained in seeing aliens and other races as subhuman for their own gain.
So, Yuto and the demon queen went through all this trouble just so that the financial minister would reveal to the heroes publicly that he's a backstabbing scumbag? Yuto wasn't going to do anything about the bastard himself, he just wanted the heroes to witness it. I guess he could also foresee that Malcolm would bring all of the animal ear folks with him, so that Yuto & demon queen could free them, once everything is said and done.

It seems, awfully much, to me that Yuto is going to great lengths to not interfere with the human empire any more than he needs to. He doesn't wants to dirty his own hands by killing any human villains. I don't know if he's soft or if he simply doesn't care. Back when the heroes killed the demon children, Yuto certainly didn't do much beyond slightly frowning. He didn't even end up killing the Onibaba (whatever was the punk's name) fool. It annoys me personally he's all the time behaving like he's some super cool and calm, mysterious badass, but at the end of the day, he doesn't really want to make decisions or become involved. As much of a tool as Miyamoto is, I feel like he's onto something when he criticises Yuto's attitude.
It seems, awfully much, that none of what happened could have been predicted (besides maybe the heroes showing up and malcolm pulling something, no matter whether that ends up being alongside or against the heroes).

I disagree that miyamoto is onto something, since what he is criticising is simply that mc doesn't "read the room" and act exactly as all others (adheres to some weird obligation to clap to cadavers (aka pray), and is weak enough to die). But yes, you have a point that mc's behaviour is essentially "ooh, I'm so dark and mysterious so I don't act with regards to the heroes summoned alongside me, no matter if they are hostile or adores me. But I still keep on involving them nevertheless, or react to what they are doing", while not caring about what atrocities ppl around him does so long as he doesn't have to sentence someone himself.

Dex-chan lover
I disagree that miyamoto is onto something, since what he is criticising is simply that mc doesn't "read the room" and act exactly as all others (adheres to some weird obligation to clap to cadavers (aka pray), and is weak enough to die). But yes, you have a point that mc's behaviour is essentially "ooh, I'm so dark and mysterious so I don't act with regards to the heroes summoned alongside me, no matter if they are hostile or adores me. But I still keep on involving them nevertheless, or react to what they are doing", while not caring about what atrocities ppl around him does so long as he doesn't have to sentence someone himself.
No, I don't mean Miyamoto would be onto anything concretely intelligent, per se, since he obviously only cares about himself and wants to be the number one hero in the whole universe, so he's exceedingly envious because Yuto seems to be doing better. I'm only talking about the difference in their attitudes. Miyamoto is fully dedicated to being a (scumbag) hero and to make a difference, even if the difference is a genocide. Yuto, however, is just surfing the story. He isn't really aiming for anything, things just go his way due to the demon queen's plans and plot convenience. So, Yuto can just hang around, acting like some big mofo, only missing shades since he already nailed the long black coat, occasionally kicking ass and pretending he doesn't care about the small matters or what others are saying.

Dex-chan lover
This guy just want an attention but don't have the brain to process what is happening around him, just how stupid can he be?

Dex-chan lover
Malcolm will no doubt as lie as easily as he breathes. I hope they have some way of recording evidence, or his arresting officer will be considered more credible than him. Since they were already pursuing him, I hope this means that Kingdom agents have already gathered a lot of evidence before proceeding with the arrest, and this hearing is just a formality.

Dex-chan lover
The unraveling of the "hero" and his fantasy is proving to be more interesting than the MC's edgy bull.

Now that key players among the summoned have seen through Miyamoto's narcissism for what it is, I'm curious how long before he starts coming apart in violent ways.

Dex-chan lover

This perverse story-telling is middle- and high-school fantasizing writ large. In real life, swiftly killing the bullies and the evil teachers wouldn't fly, so the alleged heroes in these stories don't just swiftly kill the analogues to these bullies and to these teachers.

Contributor
Malcolm will no doubt as lie as easily as he breathes. I hope they have some way of recording evidence, or his arresting officer will be considered more credible than him. Since they were already pursuing him, I hope this means that Kingdom agents have already gathered a lot of evidence before proceeding with the arrest, and this hearing is just a formality.
I'm sure it will be just a formality, not necessarily because Malcom is guilty (which he is), but because they need him to take the fall to keep the heroes from rebelling.

Dex-chan lover
I don't get what's with getting mad at the edgy mc this time, all this was a plan to take out Malcolm, because even if he wanted to beat some of his classmates it's not like he wants them dead, so he's going against the empire (by order of the demon princess) to defeat them while not getting the other guys death.

This perverse story-telling is middle- and high-school fantasizing writ large. In real life, swiftly killing the bullies and the evil teachers wouldn't fly, so the alleged heroes in these stories don't just swiftly kill the analogues to these bullies and to these teachers.
yep, powertrip type of story, how long until we start to get the pervert moments or the bad classmates go for the cliche "try to rape the mc love interest to get him into a rage"

Dex-chan lover
So what was the plan here? Fight the peoples until something happened? If the Demon Queen could stop this kind of sealing then why couldn't she stop/reverse the previous seal? If their target was to save the slaves then why didn't they know about them? If it was to expose the issue to the "heroes" to turn them to their side that also failed and if it was just to expose the badness that's also dumb cause what we know the kingdom is cool with most of whats happening.

Also once again the bad classmates (especially the president) get let off after all they've done and AGAIN try to kill innocent people whom where clearly mind controlled. Also these classmates are retarded, they witness first hand they are attempted to be sealed and killed and they're like "MC bad still" when in reality MC should have offed them all ages ago. All this is just setting up the president doing something stupid that'll result in alot of deaths and it'll get handwaved away.

Also as @Kaarme said, we have had MC go from gophery introvert to like almost Chyunni level "badass" aloof and dark and mysterious with no emotions which I might add is very boring and out of place to read and out of character. I'm still unsure why he wants to save his classmates at all we've been shown no reason why he'd want to save the people who tried to kill him, the only one who gets a partial pass is Healer girl whom for some reason was not in this chapter at all.

Also where is healer girl? she should have been there cause normally we'd have been subjected to her annoying pining for the MC and wishing he'd rejoin them even though they tried to kill him 3 times.

Dex-chan lover
Wow the heroes kept being assholes? So cool! So original! So great! This is actually the time when i ask the translator to release chapters in half, cuz this would make the series better.

Users who are viewing this thread