Ore dake Fuguu Skill no Isekai Shoukan Hangyakuki ~Saijaku Skill "Kyuushuu" ga Subete o Nomikomu made~ - Vol. 3 Ch. 23 - Visitors

Dex-chan lover
These type of character can be such a hit or miss for me, oh mysterious person who knows something and it's acting smart despite not doing anything to prove they are smart and acts cocky for no reason, and this is a bad example, for some reason I hate her it feels like a cringe kid who thinks he is smart because he watched highschool of elite or tomodachi game lol, and good example would be, let's say someone recent, Kafka from hsr

Dex-chan lover
"His harem" huh? Was that ever mentioned or something? I thought the dude was too busy "being a hero" to pretend to have a harem. Not that he deserves it.

Dex-chan lover
These type of character can be such a hit or miss for me, oh mysterious person who knows something and it's acting smart despite not doing anything to prove they are smart and acts cocky for no reason, and this is a bad example, for some reason I hate her it feels like a cringe kid who thinks he is smart because he watched highschool of elite or tomodachi game lol, and good example would be, let's say someone recent, Kafka from hsr
I reckon she's falling short mostly because the author simply doesn't have the skills to write a character like her. At the end of the day, would a genuinely skilled author write wish fulfillment edgelord isekai fantasy?

In the hands of a better author, her character would be more interesting. Due to her skill, she should have been the first student to notice the empire is the evil party in this whole conflict, and the students were summoned to be nothing but expendable tools to finish the genocide the humans started much earlier. Yet her skill doesn't actually grant her the power to do much about it personally, let alone defend herself if things turn sour. So, she would be under considerable stress. Her behavior would be a way out of it, or a coping merchanism. Of course she could also be enjoying it, if the author was so inclined. After all, the MC is clearly enjoying his edgelord position.

Supporter
Why listen to her? Just take the skill and find out yourself, if he wont take it, it will bite them in the ass later, that girl is bad news.

Dex-chan lover
Why listen to her? Just take the skill and find out yourself, if he wont take it, it will bite them in the ass later, that girl is bad news.
Because she's in it for herself, and that's a very good thing.

Lemme elaborate.

Think about what the best route is for a very selfish person in a setting like this. It'd be to gain absolute authority over a nation that is strong in all areas - politically, militarily, economically, and sociologically.

But that's not likely to happen for her, no matter how much manipulation she pulls. Sure, she could get herself married off to a suitably powerful figure of authority by being their personal soothsayer and trophy wife... but I suspect she's not gonna spread her legs for that reason. She'd still be something of an underdog, being beholden to her husbando and all.

The next best thing is to be an indispensable person among the leadership in such a country.

It's obvious that since she seems to want to be on Yuto's side, the Valencia Empire is on its way out. (Excuse me, here, but this tangent is needed for context.)

This is typical of Empires that prosecute war after war like Valencia seems to be doing. Even if you're successful in your conquests, you spread yourself too thin. Especially if you're bent on genocide as these human supremacists are, because afterwards you no longer have anyone to tend to the land. It's all empty and useless to you, and you're now trying to hold that territory from your enemies. With soldiers that you have to feed and equip from your nation's own resources, and not that of the territory you just took.

Oh, sure, there's spoils alright. But those are only good for so long. They give you a momentary boost, and that's it. Without a population to continue producing resources, you're back to square one pretty damn quickly. And there's also the fact that they need to replenish their ranks of foot soldiers. Because even if they've been winning, they've still been taking casualties.

Thus, they've been summoning Heroes to bolster their ranks and their capabilities. But that doesn't always work. Because if you get someone who has even a bit of moral fiber and the courage to stand up against you, then you're in trouble.

Granted, in the case of Yuto, he had to be abandoned because he was such a conformist that he'd have never have left otherwise. And even then, the Demon Princess had to guide him along. But still, it happened. And because the Empire was enabling the more spiteful and avaricious personalities, it's caused the group of summoned Heroes to fracture in the worst way possible.

The Empire is going to fail, and mainly because they prefer toxic personalities that will destabilize their foundations.

Now, getting back to this girl...

She's seen the writing on the wall, so she's not going to stick around on a sinking ship. Granted, she could do her part to make sure the Empire is victorious, but as I said, it's not a matter of if they'll fail, but when. And the kind of reform that would prevent this won't be able to come quickly enough, mainly because of the people in charge.

So this leaves Yuto and the Demon Princess. It will be in this girl's best interests to side with their group and do what she can to ensure their victory over the Empire. The only other option is to be treated as a tool for the Empire and/or some nobleman's breeding sow.

She's in it for herself, for sure. But that just means she's gonna support the side she thinks will win. It's very unlikely that she'll betray Yuto.

I just hope that she convinces the other girls to not go back. Hearing that bit about Miyamoto's "Harem" does not bode well for them. That dude is an obvious narcissist. And I mean that in the actual, clinical definition of the word. They're the absolute worst kind of psychopath to deal with, because not only is everything they do for their own selfish gain and aggrandizement ("Worship me, for I am the Hero among Heroes!"), but they'll actively seek revenge against anyone who pricks their pricelessly precious ego.

Minase will not last long dealing with someone like that... that is, if Miyamoto doesn't break her mind and soul, first.

Dex-chan lover
I reckon she's falling short mostly because the author simply doesn't have the skills to write a character like her. At the end of the day, would a genuinely skilled author write wish fulfillment edgelord isekai fantasy?

In the hands of a better author, her character would be more interesting. Due to her skill, she should have been the first student to notice the empire is the evil party in this whole conflict, and the students were summoned to be nothing but expendable tools to finish the genocide the humans started much earlier. Yet her skill doesn't actually grant her the power to do much about it personally, let alone defend herself if things turn sour. So, she would be under considerable stress. Her behavior would be a way out of it, or a coping merchanism. Of course she could also be enjoying it, if the author was so inclined. After all, the MC is clearly enjoying his edgelord position.
I mean yeah I 100% agree

Dex-chan lover
Damn I think I just ate something I shouldn't cuz the dialogue seems weird in here:notlikethis:

Dex-chan lover
Soooo.... Not that I'm ungrateful for the chapter, but am I the only person having trouble following along here? I'm not talking about the chapters being a bit disordered, I mean the translation seems pretty wonky.
It is like every third phrase was substituted with a simile. You can kinda get an idea about the context but the details are muddy. Like how he came to the conclusion that she could read his thoughts based on her response to his thought.

So somewhere around that conversation about "sick leave" might be a mistranslation.

I am also quite certain that "first requirement" is probably a bad translation. Yes, they are listing things, but they are not making requests or demands. It is more like they are listing things they wanted to say or get off their chest.

Last edited:
So I saw this popped up when browsing and decided to give it a go. It's been a headache trying to understand dialogue throughout. It seems that after all the group changes, the translation quality remains the same.

Supporter
Because she's in it for herself, and that's a very good thing.

Lemme elaborate.

Think about what the best route is for a very selfish person in a setting like this. It'd be to gain absolute authority over a nation that is strong in all areas - politically, militarily, economically, and sociologically.

But that's not likely to happen for her, no matter how much manipulation she pulls. Sure, she could get herself married off to a suitably powerful figure of authority by being their personal soothsayer and trophy wife... but I suspect she's not gonna spread her legs for that reason. She'd still be something of an underdog, being beholden to her husbando and all.

The next best thing is to be an indispensable person among the leadership in such a country.

It's obvious that since she seems to want to be on Yuto's side, the Valencia Empire is on its way out. (Excuse me, here, but this tangent is needed for context.)

This is typical of Empires that prosecute war after war like Valencia seems to be doing. Even if you're successful in your conquests, you spread yourself too thin. Especially if you're bent on genocide as these human supremacists are, because afterwards you no longer have anyone to tend to the land. It's all empty and useless to you, and you're now trying to hold that territory from your enemies. With soldiers that you have to feed and equip from your nation's own resources, and not that of the territory you just took.

Oh, sure, there's spoils alright. But those are only good for so long. They give you a momentary boost, and that's it. Without a population to continue producing resources, you're back to square one pretty damn quickly. And there's also the fact that they need to replenish their ranks of foot soldiers. Because even if they've been winning, they've still been taking casualties.

Thus, they've been summoning Heroes to bolster their ranks and their capabilities. But that doesn't always work. Because if you get someone who has even a bit of moral fiber and the courage to stand up against you, then you're in trouble.

Granted, in the case of Yuto, he had to be abandoned because he was such a conformist that he'd have never have left otherwise. And even then, the Demon Princess had to guide him along. But still, it happened. And because the Empire was enabling the more spiteful and avaricious personalities, it's caused the group of summoned Heroes to fracture in the worst way possible.

The Empire is going to fail, and mainly because they prefer toxic personalities that will destabilize their foundations.

Now, getting back to this girl...

She's seen the writing on the wall, so she's not going to stick around on a sinking ship. Granted, she could do her part to make sure the Empire is victorious, but as I said, it's not a matter of if they'll fail, but when. And the kind of reform that would prevent this won't be able to come quickly enough, mainly because of the people in charge.

So this leaves Yuto and the Demon Princess. It will be in this girl's best interests to side with their group and do what she can to ensure their victory over the Empire. The only other option is to be treated as a tool for the Empire and/or some nobleman's breeding sow.

She's in it for herself, for sure. But that just means she's gonna support the side she thinks will win. It's very unlikely that she'll betray Yuto.

I just hope that she convinces the other girls to not go back. Hearing that bit about Miyamoto's "Harem" does not bode well for them. That dude is an obvious narcissist. And I mean that in the actual, clinical definition of the word. They're the absolute worst kind of psychopath to deal with, because not only is everything they do for their own selfish gain and aggrandizement ("Worship me, for I am the Hero among Heroes!"), but they'll actively seek revenge against anyone who pricks their pricelessly precious ego.

Minase will not last long dealing with someone like that... that is, if Miyamoto doesn't break her mind and soul, first.
I arrived to almost the same conclusion (well, not exactly the same, you know what I mean), but the “she is bad news” meant that he should find out for himself how much she could see with that skill, so he can avoid becoming used by her in a destructive way, there is only one argument you are mistaken about, if someonen better comes around, she will betray them as well, I dont see her sticking around when push comes to shove, she will at best leave or at worst betray.

She might not be clinically narcissistic like Miyamoto but she is definitely a self centered person nonetheless, the rest are meant to be used for her own benefit (sociopath may be?). Nothing proves this more than bringing the two girls that have the best impact to sway Nakatani to listen to her, besides, whatever she may tell them next chapter, is definitely not the whole truth; so he must take that skill asap.

If she truly wanted to become allies she would’ve brought those two badass swordgirls as well, but we still need to find out more about them so this was just a random thought I had.

Last edited:
Supporter
Soooo.... Not that I'm ungrateful for the chapter, but am I the only person having trouble following along here? I'm not talking about the chapters being a bit disordered, I mean the translation seems pretty wonky.
It is, I made a rough check of the raws and many things are out of place:

• its not Sashiro but Sajou (dont remember this name being used before).
  • the “ma chan” is a mistake, in that dialogue she meant she will get to explain about her eye too.
  • “when will we be able to accept them” should be “when will they be able to accept us”.
  • the “sick leave” and “first requirement” are definitely properly translated but they needed polishing to make sense when read in English.
  • there was another dialogue about “having ajob for you” that is wrong, she meant that Minase had also stuff to say in that dialogue.
  • Went to check the starting chapters, no wonder I didnt remember Sajou or “Sashiro”, its because its Sajou Akane (2nd chapter put it as “Sagi”).

The wrong translations started since the first chapter… no wonder it is so confusing. And yes, reading the right translation just confirmed to me that Akane is a manipulative bitch.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I arrived to almost the same conclusion (well, not exactly the same, you know what I mean), but the “she is bad news” meant that he should find out for himself how much she could see with that skill, so he can avoid becoming used by her in a destructive way, there is only one argument you are mistaken about, if someonen better comes around, she will betray them as well, I dont see her sticking around when push comes to shove, she will at best leave or at worst betray.

She might not be clinically narcissistic like Miyamoto but she is definitely a self centered person nonetheless, the rest are meant to be used for her own benefit (sociopath may be?). Nothing proves this more than bringing the two girls that have the best impact to sway Nakatani to listen to her, besides, whatever she may tell them next chapter, is definitely not the whole truth; so he must take that skill asap.

If she truly wanted to become allies she would’ve brought those two badass swordgirls as well, but we still need to find out more about them so this was just a random thought I had.
There is one other thing to keep in mind.

In settings like these, betraying the people you're currently with can lead to you being impaled on a spear belonging to the next guy you try and get close with. This is because once it's known that you'll betray whoever your with the moment something better comes along, then at most you're only safe so long as you're useful. You'll wind up spending the rest of your life watching for the poisoned daggers in the shadows.

And she doesn't strike me as being dumb enough to do that.

Granted, you can say that she is betraying the Empire by switching sides here... But I'm sure that other governments on the outside know what the deal is - that they're basically mass-summoning Heroes to do their dirty work for them. And that's good enough reason to jump ship at the first opportunity.

Besides, with how much of an underdog position the MC and his group is in (even with his cheat abilities), even another country that's on the verge of collapse is better, because at least they're still a country.

I have a feeling that she's gonna stick around. Even if she is a sociopath. Because if there's one thing sociopaths love more than anything else? It's taking big gambles.

Well, that, and also having a nice group of "friends" to "play" with. Not necessarily a bad thing, either, since some sociopaths see being a part of a circle of friends as having a garden that they tend to. It's a very pleasing thing to see your plants (friends) thriving and growing beautifully under your care. And a gardener will definitely want to keep any harmful weeds (Miyamoto) or vermin (Onizuka) out of her garden.

Users who are viewing this thread