Ore ga Watashi ni Naru made - Ch. 46

If there is more character development on Shouma then it is Boy route for our Little Girl if there is even more screen time of 2 girls together Yuri route

Either way I will congrats shippers that will win. No hate.

great Thanks to the author and appreciate Smiley for translating this piece of gem

Remember kids, gender, sexuality, and sex may have correlation, but they do not always cause each other, (for example: male, guy, straight.) I’m using “male” and “female” to refer to sex and “guy” and “girl” to refer to gender.

Fed-Kun's army
@khiem11

"If there is more character development on Shouma then it is Boy route for our Little Girl..."

I have a feeling that
Shouma already likes Akira. Prediction: The guy who looks like Akira's "ideal guy" she created in the game will turn out to be a piece of shit, and Shouma will have to rescue her. From there, well... Akira may go Boy route.

Dex-chan lover
gug8anc.jpg

CAN'T. UNSEE.

Dex-chan lover
@derpdederp
It's kinda weird if you depicted it that way.
"Regardless of gender, you can like people that way"
I am sure Akira consider herself as female whenever she's with Rumi that's what she rejected it and saying that She's agitated shows that she is in dilemma liking Rumi as a "Girl".

The standard of GB male MC would be liking other boys and that would be what people considered "Normal" because of MC gender being female. Not their sexual preference.
But this case is different, Akira is originally a male and might see Rumi lover because she is originally a he and long childhood relationship they has.

It's simple as that.

Though logically speaking if someone live as male for long time, had a gf and always preferred girls then suddenly turned into one, it still won't suddenly change their sexual preference.
It's the reason why they said "gender does not matter when it comes to love and as long they're happy". (I am not pulling this from my ass, you can even find these interviews in Japanese site. Not western LGBT agenda.

Power Uploader
@Xaelath Well so far in the story all I've seen is that she is a male who still uses male pronouns in her head who is slowly starting to accept who she is as a female. There is no conclusive evidence yet that it's leading towards one way or another, the author seems to be being ambiguous on purpose. She is going through puberty as a girl and as someone who used to have male sexual characteristics she is especially confused.

I don't know any spoilers for this series so I'm only basing my speculation off of what I'm reading so far. Unless you have foreknowledge of where this is going there is nothing particularly wrong with anyone elses speculation.

Honestly, unless we see tons of development towards Shouma, I think Akira personally is more attracted to Rumi. It's clear Shouma has some attraction to Akira, but we have no idea how Akira feels about Shouma. I can see this going two ways. 1-Akira either gets turned down by Rumi or feels differently about Rumi in the future and this leads to Akira wondering about how they feel about Shouma. May or may not lead into a relationship. 2-Rumi feels the same way about Akira and commences the Yuri route. Might not be as straightforward as this, as there may be some Shouma drama in between.

Dex-chan lover
@ChristineGuinn knowing this is a drama genderbent, i can see that prediction coming true tbh.. But idk about it.. having another ptsd is no for me imo. Heartbreaks is still okay for me.

Power Uploader
I still don't know if the author is pushing Shouma or Rumi.

I hope Rumi wins the day.

I hate the trope that says a genderswapped boy should end up liking boys.

Fed-Kun's army
@Kirin-kun and i hate the trope that says a gender swapped boy must like a girl because "of course someone who is mentally a boy MUST like a girl" .... it sorta goes both ways. so i really dont know why people get bothered about who a character ends up with, sexuality isnt a trope, it just is nor does it matter either way. just because a gender swapped person likes boys doesnt mean the author is implying that they should like guys now because they are a girl. it could be a simple case of they always liked guys, or the Author just isnt into writting or reading yuri, i know im not

Power Uploader
@Nari Actually, gender swapped boys liking girls is usually the exception in manga. They almost always end up more girly than most girls and with some male childhood friend. But "no homo", of course.

"of course someone who is mentally a boy MUST like a girl". I never said that and it can't be further from my reasoning.

In this case, the mc has gender swapped before he had any notion of sexuality. So, you can't surmise that he always liked boys. And author never implied he was interested in boys from the beginning either. He had the typical behavior a boy his age. So, following Occam's razor, should he have grown up "normally", he probably would have ended up liking girls.

While it changes over time, the mc never completely stopped referring to himself as "boku", but the environment puts a huge pressure on him to conform to the expected behavior and manner of speaking his outer appearance suggests. When he dresses and acts like a boy, others look at him like some alien and he feels ostracized.

I can empathize with him a lot, because he's constantly struggling between the two identities, when he shouldn't have to !

When he dresses, behaves and speaks like a girl, his life becomes immensely easier and rewarding and obviously, if "she" were to start dating some boy, everyone would probably approve (except maybe his mother). He can see several examples around him of girls being happy dating a boy they like and he's envious, because he's not happy.

But at the same time, should "she" follow that trend, it would be society molding him, not his own preference. His environment is constantly pushing him into the arms of some boy or other. Whenever he speaks nicely to or befriends any boy, immediately rumors fly that they are dating or that either confessed. It's a huge burden and he realizes that he's completely unable to befriend boys. Society doesn't allow it. He's not allowed to share boyish hobbies with boys without being suspected of something. And that's why he befriends that boyish girl (forgot her name), because she allows him to be more himself.

In the end, we are still not at the point where he has made up his mind about what he's attracted to. But from what I gather, he's mostly attracted to Rumi, but the environment and the behavior of Shouma (protective and nice to her) pushes him to think that he should be attracted to Shouma. And Rumi is the one that realizes that all this time, she was pushing her own preferences on him and accepts that he has the right to not be like she wants "her" to be. So, I'm rooting for Rumi as she's the one who tries to understand him the most. And he wants to tell her his story too.

In then end, I'd hate to see society dictate his choices. And ending up with Shouma is what their society wants.

Dex-chan lover
Forget about sexuality, don't y'all realize she's her CHILDHOOD FRIEND? y'all should've known by now what cruel fate awaits childhood friends in manga...

Power Uploader
@meidunk Shouma is also a childhood friend. They are ALL childhood friends. Since they are all still children (navigating toward their teens).

Group Leader
@Kirin-kun
Calling Shouma a childhood friend of Akira wouldn't exactly be right, considering they barely talked at that time, unlike she and Rumi
So far the childhood friends that are confirmed are
-Akira and Rumi
-Erika and Shouma
-Shouma and Yuuto
-Kazuki and Natsumi
You could say that they are still children but the whole point of the childhood friend trope is that they were close friends since 8-9 yo

Users who are viewing this thread