Ore ga Watashi ni Naru made - Vol. 2 Ch. 15

thanks for the translation. if it's this series, i'll gladly re-read new scans

turns out real life obligations are very unproductive.

Can confirm.

Good guy Shouma taking the hit, thanks for the translation, the more accurate work it's well worth the re-read.

Ah yes, childhood, the time when boys are so much stronger than girls...

No, wtf?

Double-page supporter
@Saishy i would play "fighting" with my cousin all time, it was fun (i'm a girl btw)

Group Leader
@Saishy I would beg to differ to your interpretation. Zuuto was hurt by Akira. There wasn't any "hahaha, that didn't hurt at all, puny girl!" Instead he lost his temper because he was hurt.

What was different were the expectations, when Shouma says "you shouldn't hit girls".

@Pibata Yeah I would play fight with girls when I was younger. I still would today, in an entirely platonic way, but girls are less interested, and there's a number of reasons besides. Despite my greater strength now, I think play fighting can still be a lot of fun, because part of the "play" is to dial down your effort such that you're not hurting the other person. But yeah, as adults, things get complicated. There's a big drop in trust between the sexes, and I suppose it is statistically justified. You can still do it in a romantic relationship though, it can be part of foreplay, but it can also just be fun. Depends on the person I guess.

Dex-chan lover
Being a kid and learning to control your emotions is tough. Actually, being an adult and controlling your emotions is tough too.

Double-page supporter
@urugiru Yeah, as we grown up things get... like this :(
I would play today with a male friend, if i had enough trust in him tho

It's interesting to see that she believes she hasn't changed at all, when she's actually come a decent way from where she was prior to transition. If she hadn't changed at all, she would have been laughing at the girl and going along with things instead of trying to stop it.

Thanks for your hard work as always. Keep it up!

@urugiru it hurt because it was a punch with the intent to hurt.
But you can see the entirely different way both are portrayed.

First he stops to think, 'wait, that actually hurt?', then get mad because he took a punch.
Then when it's his time to punch, there is a total different feeling show through the manga, as that is actually something that will be very very bad if she takes it.
Then another boy takes it, and mentions you shouldn't hit girls.
And as you can see, one of them had to go to the infirmary, and it wasn't the one punched by the girl.

Even the fact that one punch was aimed at the gut, and the other at her face was a way to portray the difference in violence.
This really was the mangaka attempt to show the difference between boys and girls.

I'm not gonna argue that the generic male puberty is stronger than the generic female puberty, but those are kids.

Users who are viewing this thread