Ore no Shibou Flag ga Todomaru Tokoro wo Shiranai - Vol. 9 Ch. 60 - The Duty of an Adult

Group Leader
did they time skip to go back to before the time skip and continue the story? is there a going back in time arc to when harold starts working with the main bad after this one? Will we leave the fireplace in the next 20 chapters?
It's a flashback in a flashback, Flashback-ception

Jokes' (?) aside,
it goes back to current events after next chapter. I think it's more so to show what the big bad is capable of

Dex-chan lover
Let me guess, in this flashback, they'll time-skip then the characters will have a flashback in that time-skip. :notlikethis:

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the two new chapters!

Whew - I can feel this will be a long look-back story arc. Though I guess what happened is technically how the "story" is trying to "correct" things like making "Harold" become a villain no matter what but I guess he himself tries to make things as they should be but without him dying in the end.

Dex-chan lover
This does happen irl, and one of the big reasons of why I will always call politicians are wh0r3s and sons of wh0r3s. They're practically the enemy of humanity. And for you who said this doesn't make sense, I ask you this: what did you expect? Dealimg with politicians and things related to politics will end up like this, like it or not. Expect the worst out of them and just give them a middle finger. Just walk away and never vote for them. They can go to hell for all I care. Call this a contempt or hate speech, whatever. I am only stating the truth and how you deal with it.
I kinda get the intention and reason, but I think it's a flawed way to look at things.

By being a player, Cody and Erica are as much as a politician as the top guy. It's not like their ranks are low enough to see it as "the people vs the 0.3%" too, Cody is pretty high-ranking member of a military order in a setting where military and politic aren't harshly separated, while Erica is a princess.

None of what they choose to do here is bad mind you, I support saving Harold. I'm saying politicians aren't all bad, because if the main way to fight bad politicians is through politics, good politicians (whether due to altruistic or selfish reason) are necessary.

Dex-chan lover
Yea there was zero reason for the time skip except for making it a cliffhanger at the end of a novel volume.

Even then, the manga has a consistent release schedule, they should've told the story in a chronological order instead of time skipping for 2 chapters then go back lmao.

Dex-chan lover
Wow so we get a timeskip and then a flashback of a flashback. I dare say a second "of a flashback" with the part about sharing info with Erica.

Supporter
This tragic hero thing is getting really really old and nobody seems to have any common sense about it either.

He’s a convicted criminal and it’s somehow bad of him to free his fiancée (who he’d now never be able to be with) from being shackled to him? It makes no sense

Dex-chan lover
question..
what is the purpose of this arc?
beside actually stepping in the game story?

Dex-chan lover
I will leave this manga get some more chapters before returning…

Dex-chan lover
The fuck is all this about? I thought MC just made a deal with the ultra nerd in jail?

Dex-chan lover
I still dont get the uniform shenanigans, just seems so stupid on Harold's part especially as he made no use of it what so ever. Would have been one thing if they actually met some of the elves and pinned the blame on the empire, but seeing as Harold's only goal was to fight soldiers targeting his side...

Group Leader
The fuck is all this about? I thought MC just made a deal with the ultra nerd in jail?
To show that his friends weren't sitting around doing nothing I guess
Also some reactions from the others, and most importantly,
what the big bad is capable of

In the novel, the time skip happened right after Harold is notified of his death sentence, the prison meeting with Justus and court room scenes were flashbacks many chapters after so there's that too

Group Leader
Yea there was zero reason for the time skip except for making it a cliffhanger at the end of a novel volume.

Even then, the manga has a consistent release schedule, they should've told the story in a chronological order instead of time skipping for 2 chapters then go back lmao.
It's the same with the manga volume too, it was the final chapter of Volume 8. Back then the web novel also had a consistent release schedule.

And they did move some flashbacks into "chronological order", the prison meeting with Justus and court room scenes after were both flashbacks after the time skip in the novel.

Dex-chan lover
I kinda get the intention and reason, but I think it's a flawed way to look at things.

By being a player, Cody and Erica are as much as a politician as the top guy. It's not like their ranks are low enough to see it as "the people vs the 0.3%" too, Cody is pretty high-ranking member of a military order in a setting where military and politic aren't harshly separated, while Erica is a princess.

None of what they choose to do here is bad mind you, I support saving Harold. I'm saying politicians aren't all bad, because if the main way to fight bad politicians is through politics, good politicians (whether due to altruistic or selfish reason) are necessary.
Good politicians, huh? I don't think there exist something like that though. So I view even their acts that looks like a goodwill as something with 1000 000 times worse side effects than the benefit they would give to us.

Dex-chan lover
lmao i get it now. they made it nonsensical just to push something like this.
this is kinda hard to enjoy the read when you know that the event that lead to this very situation is very contrived

Users who are viewing this thread