Orenchi ni Kita Onna Kishi to Inakagurashi Surukotoninatta Ken - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - Obstinate merchant

Banned
Don't do it, girl. Aubergines are absolutely fuckin revolting. You'll regret ever having been born if you put any of that in your mouth.

Fed-Kun's army
Why did her auto-translator magic default "eggplant" into "aubergine" which is a french term? That doesn't make any sense. I can at least understand "marte" which isn't a real word in any current language by a stretch, but the "aubergine" inconsistency is just dumb.

To be fair though it begs the similar problem that titles like "Sahara Dessert" and "Goubi Desert" have which would be both translate to "Desert desert" if you translated them literally.

@definitionofinsanity
Because we grew crops historically for that in mind. About 5,000 years ago, if you wanted a watermelon, you'd get something about the size of a strawberry that would taste bitter as hell. Watermelons today have about 4-6 times the sugar content as they did thousands of years ago. They taste better because we specifically grew and cultivated them to do just that. Oh, and guess what? During that time period... it also increased in size by multitudes WHILE improving flavor.
Do you consider just upping the sweetness to be an improvement in flavor? If you wanted sweet wouldn't pure sugar be fine?

Even if I were to concede that point, scientists have been idiots concerning this exact problem before.
https://www.discovermagazine.com/planet-earth/scientists-find-genetic-reason-why-store-bought-tomatoes-taste-so-bland#.XNqdqRRKiUk
"The analysis also revealed a rare form of a gene that imparts tomato flavor to the fruit is missing in most modern, domesticated tomatoes. Yet, more than 90 percent of wild tomatoes have the flavor-punching version of the gene, the researchers report today in the journal Nature Genetics. "

The biggest joke is that assuming "marte's" have retained their traits of taste, these are the most bland and boring tomatoes she has consumed in her entire life in this very scene.

Dex-chan lover
@Chrona
Do you consider just upping the sweetness to be an improvement in flavor? If you wanted sweet wouldn't pure sugar be fine?
Depends on what you're looking for. If you want it just to grow for sugar processing and use, like sugarcane, then yes. But, as someone that's had raw sugarcane (which is... sweet, but not sugary-sweet like you'd think and isn't really all that appetizing to eat/lick raw) and watermelon, I find something like watermelon much more satisfying to eat even if it has lower sugar content than other crops.

Bruh anyone noticed the drug store??? Is that really legal??? And Chris-san judging from hair. It's bad he could be having cancer.
Oof i went a bit too far. I hope it's not.

Users who are viewing this thread