Orient - Vol. 9 Ch. 74 - Retreat

Dex-chan lover
thanks b0ss for the mass updates
whew just got through bingeing everything

din

God damn it, thanks for uploads. But it ends on such important cliffhanger, fuuuuuuuuuuuu.

Fed-Kun's army
Shit so the clan leader died off screen huh....
Crazy updates, fonts were messed up, overall understandable though.
did sense scans drop this or something?

Tbh would’ve rather waited for better translations than having to read “GADZOOKS” or “ZOUND”. Not to mention characters switching between archaic and modern English? Weirded me the fuck out, especially since it was in such contrast to previous translations.

Thanks for the scans, it was annoying seeing a weekly series get translated once a month.

I agree with @ButteryBiscuit about the dialogue and the "ZOUNDS", it wasn't a deal breaker but it's something to work on. No idea if Sense-scans are just busy or don't like this manga at all, but ultimately I appreciate you guys trying to give us chapters, keep it up!

Dex-chan lover
Appreciate the work guys.

I'm not annoyed by the translating inconsistencies but when more technical subject matter come up I hope you guys step up and nail the details!

Dex-chan lover
"With my powers i will remove all your memories my daughter!" Daughter still has some of her memories.
"With our powers we will kill all of the Uesugi, you guys are so weak you can't even kill one small oni" The Uesugi and even their generals survive.
"With our powers we will get the obsidian goddess, your fate is sealed" The MC gets teleported back and wakes up the next day safe and sound.

These guys are the definition of half assed, i bet they could threaten you with a curse of baldness, and you will be left with plenty of hair in your head.

Group Leader
@ButteryBiscuit There is a funny story regarding the archaisms (for which I apologize if they weirded you out):

Scanlation Teammate: Remember these are meant to be speed scanlations so you should not focus too much on the quality. Besides we are gonna share these on private Discord servers so it should not matter

Me: (Reading The Mighty Thor) Does this mean I have carte blanche to take minor liberties with the dialogue? I would not mind adding some archaisms for some characters like Michiru or Yataro since this is supposed to be happening after the fantasy Sengoku Age. Hell, I could use "Gadzooks" even though that is too Shakespearean!

Scanlation Teammate: Break a leg, buddy! (What the hell does "Gadzooks" even mean?)

@relic626 As far as I am concerned, Sense-Scans have not dropped Orient and I hope they do not because, to be honest, these chapters were more like a secret project to be shared among friends to stave off the quarantine isolation. Regarding the lack of consistency on the fonts, we had 3 different typesetters (myself included on chapters 62-64 and 66) and none of us used the same program because we were prioritizing speed. Again, I wanna remind everybody to support Sense-Scans because their professionalism is only equal to their devotion to their projects. Besides, right now the "group" is only composed of yours truly and a proofreader who convinced me to upload these chapters to end our "career" on a high note before it is officially disbanded.

Contributor
Besides the font choices. the older British slang, and the levels being a little too bright, this was a good translation. Appreciate the work!

Fed-Kun's army
@OmegaKaiser Oh glad to hear they haven't dropped it, I always try to first read on sense-scans site then come here.
Also it may have seemed that i was complaining, but i can assure you that i was very greatful for that crazy amount of chapters uploaded.
Thanks again for the uploads.

Group Leader
@swordmaster2551 Alright, I will work on those chapters to retire from this mega combo of releases. I am no longer the young lad I used to be when I joined the scanlation game on 2010.

Users who are viewing this thread