Orient - Vol. 9 Ch. 75 - Goddess of the Katana

"the technique that Shanghaied you away" uuuuhhmm... okaaaay? The sentences are really strange most of the time. But I'm nonetheless glad about any translation. Orient is one of the manga I wanted to read most and it just broke my heart how little love it gets :( thank you for the chapter!

Group Leader
Getting shanghaied means to be kidnapped but I will agree the term sounds pretty weird. I blame learning english from British book even though I live on North America.

Regardless, I am glad you are enjoying Orient.

I believe "Being Shanghai'ed" is derived from the practise of kidnapping drunk sailors and forcing them to work on trade vessels so that when they woke up from their drunken stupor they found themselves on a ship bound for Shanghai. I don't know for sure if this is where the term truly came from or if this was a practise that actually happened.

Dex-chan lover
the other "no group" should make a mangadex account
thought i was readin from the same people still i started seeing memes

Dex-chan lover
Narrative core? I guess that means we are getting into the bulk of the series' story now.

@Doomroar My best guess? His ability maybe. Considering he could strengthen everyone immensely, maybe they want that for the artificial oni hybrids or at least to get them to be able to use sword spirits and hope he might have some key to it that they can force out of him.

Dex-chan lover
@TakeiDaloui OmegaKaiser DMed me and told me that:

It is not outright stated but Padre Shiro mentioned (during the Daito Mine arc, chapters 19-43) his kind enjoys assimiliating the souls of fallen warriors. Tatsuomi, having the Armory of the Warrior God technique, could make the Orochi capable of boosting/healing its spawns.

But I don't know why only Tsugumu knew this.

Dex-chan lover
@Doomroar Ah, thanks for letting me know. So it is something like this then. It does make sense to have a solid reason for keeping him alive (I'll admit I was disappointed him being hyped up then killed off screen so was happy he was still alive).

I'm really grateful for the translation.
But for non-native English me, the amount of archaic english makes me suffer :(

Thanks for the tl anw

Users who are viewing this thread