Osabori Jouzuna Komukai-san wa Ore wo Nogasanai!! - Ch. 2

Dex-chan lover
Karachi, you are not alone. I also don't understand this landmine girl 😞

Contributor
About the Pg. 26 TN note:
A small tsu was probably used there. The small tsu (っ) is typically used to lengthen sounds if in front of another character (e.g. えち->えっち / echi -> ecchi) or denote an abrupt stop if placed after.

In this case, by itself it seems that was meant to be onomatopoeia intended to show him abruptly stopping whatever it is he was trying to say (due to pain), so something like "Ack" "Argh" "Khh" could work as translation.

It's different from the normal tsu (つ) which doesn't have a meaning of its own.

About the usage of "landmine", I think the closest thing in English would be the term "loose cannon" since this girl is unpredictable to him and likes to live dangerously skipping classes so often.

If the source word translated into "landmine" was 地雷/じらい (jirai) I think definition #3 from Jisho could be the intended meaning. She's pretty (and sexy), but clearly a bad influence on him with a bad reputation to boot. "Landmine" with definition 3 makes sense to describe her from his POV.

Dex-chan lover
Ah the old Doorstop male MC, the chad FMC. Seen this series a million times, hope it does something differently or at least well written. So far neither of the characters have endeared me to them. I also really don't feel any kind of chemistry either.

Dex-chan lover
This girl kinda hard to understand but I guess that's because we look at this manga from MC's perspective (which hurts my brain).
I like her since she looks tough.
The MC though, I hope he grow bolder because he looks pathetic...

Fed-Kun's army
Another gloomy/awkward MC that gets strung along by a hot chick because she finds him "interesting."

Users who are viewing this thread