Osake wa Fuufu ni Natte Kara - Vol. 3 Ch. 32 - Hot Buttered Rum

Contributor
From the looks of the picture at the end, it's not one stick. It's one slice of butter. Maybe a tablespoon.

I think we're seeing a different measurement (as in the stores in Japan selling packs of butter pre-sliced into sticks)

OTOH, "Blissnug"?

Contributor
3 comments and none of them commenting on the fact that they are using ac (on max setting, BTW), when it is cold. And apparently it is broken as well. I suspect someone didn't proofread this very well as that makes no sense whatsoever.

Dex-chan lover
@Hounder the living room ac was broken, so they were using the ac in the husband's room. And many air conditioner models can not only make air colder but also warmer too. That's why they are called air "conditioner", not air "freezer".

@Hounder Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean someone else did a bad job - most people I know use 'AC' for both the actual AC and heat pumps, since they're quite similar. The latter can be used to heat a room.

Thanks for the chapter!

Double-page supporter
Let the babymaking begin!!!!

Also, seems to me he works from home now. I wonder when he quit his job as a bartender, if he did!

Dex-chan lover
@ElBichoRaro: He seems to be working part-time as a favor to the actual bartender whenever the latter is indisposed, as shown by that one chapter where Chisato's coworkers invite her to this new bar they've found (read: the one where she first met Sora), only for the coworkers to be surprised at seeing Chisato's hubby subbing in for the bartender (who's out sick).

Supporter
According to the mighty Internet, a stick of butter is 8 tablespoons, or 113 grams. So if you ware going to try this recipe maybe use... less than that.

Dex-chan lover
@ElBichoRaro In a chapter, it showed that he works from home as an interior designer. I forgot what chapter it is. The bartender job was a part-time job and sometimes, he helps the owner if they are short-staffed.

Contributor
@bogusny @Hoanghoiham Where I am from, we all refer to each separately, even if it is the "same" unit that does both. When we talk about running the ac, we are talking about cooling, not heating. And as far as I know, this is pretty much the same all over the US. This may be different in Japan, and if it is, a note about this would be helpful.

Dex-chan lover
@Hounder The word Air Con refers to a dual unit. Doing actual "air conditioning" refers to cooling rather then both. Why I have no idea.

Dex-chan lover
@Hounder Basically up until the 2000s air conditioners are still coolers, and heaters are kind of a separate thing. The technology reverse the AC's process and pump hot air into the room is there, but it's more expensive and more inefficient compared to gas heaters and electric heaters at small scale, so AC that works both way are only at large scale for buildings and malls and so on. Only until around 2010s that heating and cooling AC units are common for home uses. So from a linguistic point of view, it makes sense that people think of cooling-only devices when talking about air conditioners and not heating-cooling devices. Nonetheless owners of a single device that does both would still refer to them as "air conditioners", and would contextually understand that it is "a device that bring air temperature to a comfortable point" instead of "a device that reduces temperature".

Users who are viewing this thread