Osananajimi no Onnanoko ga Zubunure de Ie ni Oshikakete Kita!!

Good Grief...yes Cute. But this is why the birthrate in Japan is plummeting into the ground :p

Japan's birthrate (1.4 births per woman) isn't actually as low as people make it out to be; it's comparable to Canada's (1.5) birthrate and Italy's (1.3) birthrate. (According to 2018 data.)

Which is still negative growth. 2 parents making 1 child, and every 1 in 3 making 2 children isn't even replacing the existing population. It's a Huge problem for the future, made even worse by Japan's average life expectancy (very High), and their xenophobia making it extremely hard to accept immigrants there to fix the population issue.

Dex-chan lover
@Moogal I personally disagree. I think it’s their dutiful, work oriented culture getting in the way of family planning. I mean, do you think you could raise a child while you and your spouse work for a “black company”? Even then, that’s implying you had the time and energy to find a significant other and make a child.

And despite being an immigrant myself, I think there would be problems using immigration as the sole solution to a population crisis.

Sure, there's certainly other factors, but the US for example also has horrible working hours for the pay many people receive as just one example country, and there's no population issue there. A big part of that is the US has a large immigrant (yes, both legal and illegal border crossing) portion of the population. It's not a sole solution but it's a big part of one.

Age is important because while the population is not only shrinking, it's tilting toward the older side of the spectrum which makes the problems even worse.

Users who are viewing this thread