Osananajimi no S-kyuu Party kara Tsuihou sareta Seijuutsukai.: Bannou Shien Mahou to Nakama wo Fuyashite Saikyou e! - Ch. 29

Dex-chan lover
That was entirely unexpected, and of course by entirely unexpected I mean…
images

Actually no I didn’t expect that at all.

Dex-chan lover
So long has my mind being spoiled by shit plots (rich + young + fat = bad), that i was pulling out the pitchforks even before the guy appeared even when the foreshadowing of him being hated instead of feared by everyone (quite good detail from the author) was all over the place.
This and the whole thing with the party being solved immediately instead of being a recurrent and boring background stuff. make this story a cut above the rest

Dex-chan lover
No matter what they try to do, this character is irredeemable. It is literally impossible to acquire that much wealth without exploiting others. And even if he somehow managed that, if he actually had the best interests of the town at heart, he wouldn't be hoarding it, he would invest it it in the people

Dex-chan lover
Oh shit a fat merchant cunt who’s actually a good fella and is intentionally being a cunt to sandbag. Mine expectations hath been subverted, verily!

Dex-chan lover
No matter what they try to do, this character is irredeemable. It is literally impossible to acquire that much wealth without exploiting others. And even if he somehow managed that, if he actually had the best interests of the town at heart, he wouldn't be hoarding it, he would invest it it in the people
And who's to say he's not investing it in the people? Maybe the bronze statue was made locally, by a begrudging-but-now-richer craftsman? Maybe the goods and materials for his massive mansion were all sourced as locally as possible, with the same going for the manpower for designing and building it? His whole plan is to put to use his immense wealth to bolster the town's defense by purchasing the very expensive mermaid queen to provide underwater combat training. Said mermaid queen whose capture, I might add, he actually had no hand in (and who was the victim of a slave trade that he seems more than eager to put an end to).

Don't get me wrong: I'm still leaving myself open to the idea that he'll maybe still turn out to be a sack of shit down the line (though that seems unlikely), but being obscenely wealthy does not automatically make you a bad person. Think of how many OP isekai protags also wind up becoming ridiculously wealthy, through entirely innocent means (granted, that's not very realistic, but it still applies since this story, too, is in a manga setting).
For a real world example, look at Markiplier: He's got big YouTube money (sure, he's not Bezos rich, but given that Grize isn't able to just out-bribe this other merchant and use money to do away with the whole slave trade, I doubt he is either), and he's a legitimately good person.

As a final note, it looks like Grize is rich by inheritance, so however that money was originally earned, it's likely he had little to no hand in it.

Double-page supporter
So... He reminding me of some loaded appraisal retard mc but he's much much clever.

Dex-chan lover
Don't shake hands with that fat trash, who knows what kind of disease you might catch. Just cause it's not poisoned is NO reason to even consider eating food provided by that ass. What subversion, he's barely any better than that slave trader scum.
He's based he knows he's base, and you're angry cause we all know he is based and he doesn't give a fuck nor does he let it blind him to what's around him.
for starters he is a "Spoiled" Son of a Genius Merchant, in other words, he doesn't own his money his father made it by actually being savvy in economic dealings he just spends it. 2. it's said he uses it frivolously around the town but what if that was the point, buying monsters to build an army to "take over the town" can also be used to defend the town from outside attacks, and buying daughters and wives could have been to get abused women out of horrible situations. his actions can be seen as horrible and selfish depending on the lens you see him through some people say in this comment section he acts like Nobunaga I don't wholly agree man's got some Ieyasu Tokugawa in him too he has money and he flaunts in the perfect way to make you think you know everything about him.

Users who are viewing this thread