Osananajimi to wa Romcom ni Naranai - Vol. 9 Ch. 77 - Romcoms don’t happen even when meddle in another’s love life

Group Leader
Wow man, did you translate/write that poem? And you rhymed "form" with "warm" at that. Insane actually.
Along with the rest of the script of this chapter, especially cringe-kun's lines, some of the best translation work I've seen.

CL/RD/TS are on point too. Never any credits so I'm not sure who to give credit to.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
People seem shocked at 50 rejections, I got to 20,000 just on tinder alone in 3 years. i wish i had a gun I could stick in my mouth and make the pain go away

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
@TheTrivialTranslator bro you popped off for no reason translating whatever his poem was into basically a Shakespearean sonnet, you're a natural

Some suggestions:
Pg 9: I think "White Day" should be capitalised since it's a specific day like Valentine's Day
Pg 16: "in a manga" might be more suitable, unless she's referring to a specific manga?
Thank you as always.
I fixed the White Day. (It’s on page 8 but I got you) As for the “the” on page 16, I thought she was talking about the childhood friend romcom Eiyuu reads but maybe I was just reading too much into it. I will be more careful next time, thanks for pointing it out!

Dex-chan lover
Wow man, did you translate/write that poem? And you rhymed "form" with "warm" at that. Insane actually.
Along with the rest of the script of this chapter, especially cringe-kun's lines, some of the best translation work I've seen.

CL/RD/TS are on point too. Never any credits so I'm not sure who to give credit to.
As much as I would like to be hailed as a translation prodigy, I have to come clean. The poem was my only time I’ve used ChatGPT for translating stuff. I was really looking forward to translating the poem but when I did, it didn’t have the Shakespear sonnet vibe I wanted (My mind immediately jumped to Sonnet 18 when I read the name of the poem). I’ve compiled a few versions it gave me. I wanted to get the chapter done this month but my quite perfectionist personality would make that pretty difficult, so I cut corners. I am sorry for that it won’t happen again because I didn’t get the enjoyment from it as a usually do. (Like when I did Akari’s Dad monologue.)

Everything else in the chapter (and the others as well) is done by me, I am glad you like it!

As for credits, Dogeroi sents me CL/RD and buys the raws also. I do the TS and TL!

Yapping sessions over!

Group Leader
As much as I would like to be hailed as a translation prodigy, I have to come clean. The poem was my only time I’ve used ChatGPT for translating stuff. I was really looking forward to translating the poem but when I did, it didn’t have the Shakespear sonnet vibe I wanted (My mind immediately jumped to Sonnet 18 when I read the name of the poem). I’ve compiled a few versions it gave me. I wanted to get the chapter done this month but my quite perfectionist personality would make that pretty difficult, so I cut corners. I am sorry for that it won’t happen again because I didn’t get the enjoyment from it as a usually do. (Like when I did Akari’s Dad monologue.)

Everything else in the chapter (and the others as well) is done by me, I am glad you like it!

As for credits, Dogeroi sents me CL/RD and buys the raws also. I do the TS and TL!

Yapping sessions over!
I think you made the right decision using gpt there, if you weren't feeling your own script. No shame in using the tools at your disposal when the results speak this loudly, even though I understand it may be a conflicting feeling for you to not be a master poet and writing it yourself. The fact that it would be so impressive shows how difficult this would be, especially since it is a talent entirely different from translating.
Don't sell yourself short, I also did compliment the rest of the chapter!

Also shout-out to Dogeroi.

Supporter
Poor glasses-kun. Found a new friend in the failure of getting with a childhood friend. Well eiyuu 's problem is not nutting up and just asking one, but still. With this BSing when you have that peaking romance moment, into a gotcha? Yeah you're not getting there anytime soon.

Thanks for the chapter.
I mean, he damn near got caught in the mood this time.

Users who are viewing this thread