Osananajimi wa Onnanoko ni Naare

Definitely worth a read if you're into a light hearted comical take on gender swaps, with some minor emotional moments! 7/10 overall!

Thoughts continued in the spoiler!

I am not usually a fan of manga that go on without real progression, but I believe that while progression in the majority of the cast was not evident, Iori/Shiori's growth as a character was. They were still vocal about wanting to be a guy, but they also learned to accept more of their female side, even spending an entire day as a girl without realizing it or seeming bothered. In the end, I liked Sylphie's proposed idea of Shiori and Shuu ending up together with a kid, particularly if they didn't try to hide the nature of who Shiori used to be. It opens a good dialogue for gender identity with their kid, which is healthier for society overall, IMO. I personally consider that the canon ending, and treat the additional material picture of Iori and Miyu to be just that- bonus material, non-canonical fluff. Not sure if that was the mangaka's intent, but, that's my take ^^ Overall a great read. Highly recommended! Keeping this one around to re-read favorite chapters and scenes again!

This was my first dip into a gender bender Manga and this was really great. The character designs were great because while they were anime they look more simple and unique. I liked the slice of life format that was going on and it was light hearted. The only thing I didn`t like was the last few chapters,
[/I felt like the time spent in the alternative universe was ways too short and I would have loved for the story to lead up to 50 chapters. And while this is a unpopular opinion I would have liked for the Miyu and Iori relationship to go somewhere.]

Dex-chan lover
The story is slow, with each chapter there is new information about the transformation or magic item, but usually resolved with same gag, then the writer need find more and more event, with maybe others 2 volumen the story could to be better, with only 3 volumen the ending isnt ok

Dex-chan lover
shitty protagonist, gross disregard for Iori's own personal feelings, garbage cheap ending. Just bad all around.

Users who are viewing this thread