Oshi ga Budoukan Ittekuretara Shinu - Vol. 9 Ch. 51

Dex-chan lover
It's pretty lucky that the crab pun works just as well in english :p Reina is quite perceptive, she really has Eripiyo all figured out. The subtle mournful note she had on page 17 opens up a lot of interesting possibilities IMO, I wonder if the author is going to explore any of them later. Could Reina be a tad jealous? Does she treasure Eripiyo a lot more than she's been showing?

Group Leader
It's pretty lucky that the crab pun works just as well in english :p Reina is quite perceptive, she really has Eripiyo all figured out. The subtle mournful note she had on page 17 opens up a lot of interesting possibilities IMO, I wonder if the author is going to explore any of them later. Could Reina be a tad jealous? Does she treasure Eripiyo a lot more than she's been showing?
I think she has both Eri and Maina figured out, and their relationship sort of irritates her -- particularly Eri's part in it. Both because she's the one Rena spends significantly more time with and has more insight into, but I reckon value disparity also plays a role. She's not steeped in idol culture nor does she bother much with the "rules", e.g. having no issue shopping for yukata with Maina, so the polar opposite attitude Eri displays might be a bit frustrating to watch. Like "Maina obviously cares about you, why are you making it so difficult?"

Some of what she does and says really seems like it's intentionally nudging the two of them. Like when she comments on Eri's words probably not being that important to Maina, or questions whether Maina was really looking at them, it feels like she's exposing Eri's insecurities. There's no way she didn't know what impression the matching yukatas would leave, and she indirectly encouraged Maina to be more forward while shopping (leading to the infamous "come again next time").

Personal affection and jealousy could definitely be mixed into that, too, though. In various directions.

Dex-chan lover
I think she has both Eri and Maina figured out, and their relationship sort of irritates her -- particularly Eri's part in it. Both because she's the one Rena spends significantly more time with and has more insight into, but I reckon value disparity also plays a role. She's not steeped in idol culture nor does she bother much with the "rules", e.g. having no issue shopping for yukata with Maina, so the polar opposite attitude Eri displays might be a bit frustrating to watch. Like "Maina obviously cares about you, why are you making it so difficult?"

Some of what she does and says really seems like it's intentionally nudging the two of them. Like when she comments on Eri's words probably not being that important to Maina, or questions whether Maina was really looking at them, it feels like she's exposing Eri's insecurities. There's no way she didn't know what impression the matching yukatas would leave, and she indirectly encouraged Maina to be more forward while shopping (leading to the infamous "come again next time").

Personal affection and jealousy could definitely be mixed into that, too, though. In various directions.
Reading the chapter a second time, I think you're absolutely right. Rena is just trying to get Eri to realize that Maina is an actual person outside of her idol identity, with maybe a bit of a hint that she'd like Eri to see her as more of an actual person as well. She's trying to get Eri's head outside of the otaku world, in short, even if it's only by a little.

Dex-chan lover

I think you're right on the money. She's sort of an outsider to idol culture who can clearly see two people who want to connect and is kind of bothered that they don't due to a bunch of arbitrary rules.

With that said, it was kinda sad seeing Eri say that when she hangs around post-handshake her eyes always meet with Maina's... But she thinks that means Maina wants her to leave! Nooooooooo...

And then Maina thinking that all she wants for her birthday is to... (she doesn't say it but we all know). Ahhhh my heart wasn't ready for this chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Really happy with the way this manga is going again, i.e. idol / otaku relationships and how it effects our favorite yuri couple. It's very telling how Eri and Maina interact with each other that they shouldn't be fan and idol, but lovers. Surprised that Reina saw thru Eri so fast tho, but I suppose she does wear her heart on her sleeve. I really hope Eri gets to show Maina just genuine love and affection thru the birthday celebration. The fact she got everyone to stop calling her 480 yen was honestly such an example of lesbian chivalry TwT

Users who are viewing this thread