【Oshi no Ko】 - Ch. 143 - BLIND FOLLOWER

Dex-chan lover
F1auvRyacAEyrYi

Dex-chan lover
Just distraction.
It still doesn’t give the most important answer in this shipping : does Aqua want Ruby or not.

This time it ends with a kiss, but Ruby forced it on him by surprise. It still afford Aka the excuse that Aqua didn’t initiate it by his own will, so it doesn’t count as him reciprocating Ruby’s feeling yet (the “yet” is important because need to keep hope so readers will keep active engagement).
To make it worse, the scene quickly jumps to the filming, just so readers never gets an answer.
Ruby loving Aqua is no secret, she’s been showing it, and also say it in words. Meanwhile Aqua never directly says he wants or doesn’t want the relationship.

Inside the story, Aqua is still a coward. His words are never about his own feeling of whether he loves Ruby back (in the same way as she loves him).
He only try to put situation where he wants Ruby to think it’s impossible and back off on her own (make her change her choice, without him having to make his choice). So he doesn’t need to feel guilty of hurting her by rejection.
Although in practice, Ruby doesn’t care of his excuses. If he wants her to start learning to move on, he will need to choose to reject her and make it clear he doesn’t want her as lover.

Outside the story, the whole Aqua Ruby had been feeding a lot of engagement.
The coupling got a lot of fan arts. And every time new fan service bones are thrown, the crowd explodes in conversation.
Making Aqua choose (or reject) Ruby here would kills a lot of that. Not sure Aka had the courage to take the step rather than keeping it safe and ambiguous like this.

Dex-chan lover
Aqua: Please don't kiss me
Ruby: No no, I incest

This is actually a cute chapter though, but uh, they're totally not gonna get together... right? 😅
Anyhoo, this is the first "new" chapter I've actually read ever since I binged watched AND read the whole series just the other day. GOOD SHIT.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Just distraction.
It still doesn’t give the most important answer in this shipping : does Aqua want Ruby or not.

This time it ends with a kiss, but Ruby forced it on him by surprise. It still afford Aka the excuse that Aqua didn’t initiate it by his own will, so it doesn’t count as him reciprocating Ruby’s feeling yet (the “yet” is important because need to keep hope so readers will keep active engagement).
To make it worse, the scene quickly jumps to the filming, just so readers never gets an answer.
Ruby loving Aqua is no secret, she’s been showing it, and also say it in words. Meanwhile Aqua never directly says he wants or doesn’t want the relationship.

Inside the story, Aqua is still a coward. His words are never about his own feeling of whether he loves Ruby back (in the same way as she loves him).
He only try to put situation where he wants Ruby to think it’s impossible and back off on her own (make her change her choice, without him having to make his choice). So he doesn’t need to feel guilty of hurting her by rejection.
Although in practice, Ruby doesn’t care of his excuses. If he wants her to start learning to move on, he will need to choose to reject her and make it clear he doesn’t want her as lover.

Outside the story, the whole Aqua Ruby had been feeding a lot of engagement.
The coupling got a lot of fan arts. And every time new fan service bones are thrown, the crowd explodes in conversation.
Making Aqua choose (or reject) Ruby here would kills a lot of that. Not sure Aka had the courage to take the step rather than keeping it safe and ambiguous like this.

More or less....I guess it will be answered on the oncoming storm. No matter how painful or frustrating or infuriating it would be.

After all, everyone and anyone involved is within Kamiki's arm reach. And boy Aqua sure lay out a lot of baits for papa dearest's hunt

Dex-chan lover
Y'know.....I saw that double spread leaking around for days as 'meme'. It's still funny to see it actually unmeme itself. That, or someone goes 'haha early leak' and managed to pass it around as meme.

Honestly, I think Aka managed to reach a fairly neutral ground with Aqua being the hesistant party and Ruby the one initiating the kiss (I still think people are overblowing this issue way more than what it should be).

Starting from here, though, is the actual start of the battle with Kamiki. Shit's definitely will hit the fan for everyone involved.
Any problematic content starts like this because portraying the protagonist as the passive party and shifting the responsibility to the hot love interest technically makes it hot and safe in the eyes of the audience and the author himself.
oshi no ko, more like, incest no ko.
Incest no ko will be called a sequel about their child from those memes.

Dex-chan lover
oshi no ko fandom is going to be figting a civil war for quite some time, along with getting bashed on by every other fandom in existence.

I don't care for the recent incest, I'm just hoping Akane wins in the long run.

Users who are viewing this thread