[Oshi no Ko] - Vol. 3 Ch. 25 - Outrage

Supporter
Jesus that index/addendum was heart-wrenching. This shit happens so often in real life. People forget there’s a person behind that screen and the power of anonymity is used all too frequently to hurt. Thanks for sharing it regardless Scanlator team.

Dex-chan lover
Yet more proof that social media is a social cancer. So much of the shit I see on Twitter would never fucking be said to the person if they were face-to-face.

Also, it'd be interesting to know what the laws are of the death threats and attempting to get people to commit suicide are in Japan. I know either last year or early this year there was a case here in America where some woman bullied the living fuck out of her own (ex?) boyfriend who had psychological issues and, sadly, "successfully" (I hate saying that word in this context...) got him to kill himself. And, thankfully, she was actually facing charges for doing that shit.

Double-page supporter
Aka really needed a place to explore darker themes, and I'm glad he got the chance to do it here.

I always kind of liked the darker side of Aka back when ib was being written (though not to the point of edge). I deeply awaited the day Aka would come out as a more polished author with the drive to explore some dark themes.

Dex-chan lover
I just remembered a bad memory of a certain succubus idol ‘graduating’ because of a single she made and the toxicity of social.

Ahhhhhh I knew Kimura Hana was going to be brought up one way or another, I've never watched Terrace House but that incident made me really sad. I feel so bad for her; people really need to think twice about their words. This also reminded me of Aloe from Hololive, I was wondering why she'd never been mentioned when Holofive debuted and it turns out she had a controversy and got doxxed, when not everything that she said was inherently wrong and we don't actually know whoever's behind "Mano Aloe". I hope she's feeling okay.

Contributor
Tl;dr : Social media and the vast majority of people using it are utter trash.

The sad thing is, it feel too real, because i already saw stupid people like this a lot IRL and on the net .

Poor girl.

@aiMute
The agency didn’t provide the necessary mental care for her, which doomed her to go this route. Showbiz is a world where you have to wear your “perfect persona” all the time, which is emotionally taxing. In fact, counselors for celebrities aren’t exactly out of the norm anymore.

Inquisitive and serious people like Akane, were inclined to learn from and felt responsible to clean their own mistakes. This inevitably will lead to her searching about herself (which indeed currently detrimental to her). Not to mention that she was also under a lot of pressure to give results, before and after said incident.

This is where mental care comes to play. The treatment will enable her to stop dwelling on her own mistake, tell her it’s not shameful to reach out to others, and let out some steam by talking to someone that she knows she can “burden to clean up the mess she made”. This is all but impossible due to the agency’s negligence.

What she needs the most right now, is a counselor. Not an agency with faulty practices nor victim blamers, whose gonna kick her when she’s down and bullied her to suicide.

Seriously man, the world doesn’t operate on logic alone. That would make us a very efficient, robotic creature who won’t waste time seeking pleasure and do our jobs without complaints. Go and talk with others and listen to their stories for a change, you’d be surprised on how many of them bottles up their grief and kill their own feelings with logic.

The world isn’t fair to begin with, so let’s not make it any less fair than it already is.

Dex-chan lover
Imagine being such a loser that you start picking on an actor for doing their job online lmao

The news about Kimura Hana is really saddening
Most people srsly creates an assumption even without knowing that things happening behind the camera or whatever is something they don't know.
@drab_lightstick @Kagg50
Yep totally reminded of aloe but good thing she's still doing her best. This also reminded me of Meiro and Roa from nijisanji
(Fumino Tamaki has a great insight about this that most people should learn hoping this won't happen again)

Makes me think if people really can differentiate between reality and "reality". Accidents happen, for example Akane's hand unexpectedly scraping the other actors face. Filtering everything one sees and hears around themselves is always alright.
Although typing this small comment is hypocrisy towards myself.

Way it’s end a message. I’m living in the US but I hope these kinds of problems get resolved

Dex-chan lover
Yesh, this is why I don't trust people online. They never realised there's other person across the screen

@LikeASkurn Just proves how gross society is. For some reason, people think of others as 2D characters who are judged merely with "evil" and "nice" just based on one or two actions they do.

Idk if it's because of the fiction they grow up with - stories about the constant evil bullying the constant justice, but it's just dumb. People cancel culture and they don't even try to look up the truth behind the scene, nor do they have the intention to do so.

Users who are viewing this thread