[Oshi no Ko] - Vol. 3 Ch. 27 - Buzz

I love how sadly realistic the tweets are. For example, there is a lot to unpack in the hateful comment of page 2.

Fisrt of all, the irony of them not realizing that saying "you don't see me bitching about it" is the greatest bitching of all. Why would you even post a comment like that online if you weren't starving for attention.

Then there is the glaring lack of empathy. At first they claim that the suicide attempt to be just an act, but they reveal their real thoughts soon enough: "Those who attempt suicide should just die". Here we see a complete inability to put themselves in another person's situation, or even caring about the well being of someone besides themselves. In theirs eyes, they attempt suicide simply because they are too weak. No way that others have it worse that themselves.

And that leads us to a typical combination of narcissist self-pity and superority complex. "I'm hurting just as much", they say. But what they actually mean is "I'm hurting more than you, I'm more special than you". They are so self-centered that they believe that they are the only ones to have ACTUAL problems. They are the true victims, they are the ones who should be receiving all the pity and support.
The curious thing is that they think so to convince themselve that they are BETTER than all others because of their "suffering". Since they can still keep going despite being the ONLY ones suffering unfairness, it means they are superior to everyone else. Obviously, the ONE and ONLY reason they have any problems is because the world itslef is against them. Of course, if it wasn't because of that, they would be the ones being rich and famous.

The cherry on top is the surreptous sexism in calling Akane a "hysterical nutjob".

Dex-chan lover
All of them actually good kids and that kinda surprised me the most xD

Now give Aqua some rest. He seriously need one around this time. LOOK AT WHAT HE DRUNK FOR THAT!!!

This certainly highlights that silence benefits the oppressors and never the oppressed.

Thank you for the lovely translation as always!

How many times is Aka gonna retcon someone’s age from 17 to 16. First Shirogane, now Akane smh.

Yeah, Akane is sooo joining Ruby’s idol group when this is all over. Aqua’s harem too.

That’s genius I love this manga so much XD I keep saying the same thing each and every episode, but that’s just how good it is

Dex-chan lover
I will not be surprised if yuri doujinshi of Yuri and Akane will happen...

These are good kids. Even if lets say their intentions weren't the best, that was a kind thing to do. They're all stuck in this thankless industry after all.

no, someone aqua is talking to is one of the film crews who Akane ask for advice in one of the chapters, i forgot which one, the director is entirely someone else

Dex-chan lover
I felt like I was having a stroke every time a real brand name was mentioned so seeing the fake social media names on page 7 tells me that the translator just used the real names of things like twitter and tiktok to give it more impact which is weirdly... reassuring? I both like that the real names were used in the translation and the fact that they were fake originally

Users who are viewing this thread