【Oshi no Ko】 - Vol. 3 Ch. 28 - Getting Into Character

Double-page supporter
@scepster Aqua doesnt like Ai that way in my oppinion. He's just captivated at first found her charming, when he was her doctor thanks to his sister's brainwashing on their previous life. But living as her son made him love her in different way. I dont see it as romantic tbh.

Also seeing her dead protecting(?) him with his own eyes will just make his love turns into unhealthy obsession. But i still see no romantic indication implied at all.

Fed-Kun's army
@GalladeGuy
A quick google search says
Method acting is an acting technique in which an actor aspires to encourage sincere and emotionally expressive performances by fully inhabiting the role of the character in day to day life.

Group Leader
whoa shit she's becoming dark
also bruh she looks so much like ai now

Group Leader
yep i reread three times and i'm scared now how did she get stars in her eyes

Dex-chan lover
@GalladeGuy

Is an acting technique that consists on extracting emotions from one's self experiences in order to perform fictional or not fictional characters. It's actually a weird thing to explain from the outside... But let me put it in a way that's easier to understand:

There's an idiom out there "Fake it till you make it". That's kinda how acting works. Except with method acting you don't aspire to fake something, but to become said thing. Through introspection and analysis of human behaviour one aspires to create the past and the future of said characters until the audience finds them real in the present of the narrative.

People here aren't mentioning the MC from Act Age for nothing. What she did was watch a ton of movies and recall the emotions she felt while watching them while performing but sometimes that isn't enough and that's where you hear all this crazy stories about actors going on trips to the forest to hunt alone in order to perform a character that does that same thing.

@osqmu

It seems that (And this is pretty cool) the star eyed thing is actually a metaphor for... something probably related to the psychology of the character. And not related to a condition on Ai's genes... As a matter of fact, when Ai is dying the stars in her eyes start getting smaller and smaller until she eventually... fades away. (Yes, I went and re-read that chapter just for this and now I have goosegumps)

So yeah, now we gotta write theories beyond "Aqua and Ruby are the children of the love of a star (Hoshi no Ai) and that's why they have one star each"

Dex-chan lover
Aqua's gonna snap. Imitating her is the same as saying she's easily replaceable/reproducible.

ivv

Dex-chan lover
aqua experiences, meeting your mom in highschool

Users who are viewing this thread