Oshibana! - Ch. 21

Group Leader
FYI: Author has released the unofficial non-canon 18+ doujin taking place during chapter 20, and the English translation has been approved.

Link to purchase the English version (TL by me) here: https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01087511.html/?locale=en_US

Please note I am not personally profiting from your purchase, it was translated on a volunteer basis which is clearly stated on the product page. If you decide to purchase every cent (minus the DLSite cut) goes to supporting the author.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
bwSAlhf.jpg

Dex-chan lover
I thought it was a one time thing, but apparently she does it to blow off stress (regarding her “best” friend to boot).
I guess better that than substance abuse, but still doesn’t seem to be good for her mental health or relationship with others either….

Dex-chan lover
I thought it was a one time thing, but apparently she does it to blow off stress (regarding her “best” friend to boot).
I guess better that than substance abuse, but still doesn’t seem to be good for her mental health or relationship with others either….
Oh absolutely not, this girl is messed up in some major way. Using emotionless sex with some guy, who you know damn well you're just stringing along by his unrequited love, to overcome your feelings of inadequacy(?) towards your supposed best friend is not what a normal 16 year old does.

Dex-chan lover
Just waiting for the chapters where the author actually makes her a likable character. Almost feels as though they plan to keep her as-is all throughout with the thoughts at the end
Is there a man in the world who, if they were placed in this situation, would be able to fall in love with anyone else?

Dex-chan lover
For the record, the 18+ doujin does show that while they are still sex friends, the girl is warming up to him. Will he fix her? ... Eh, that's probably over optimistic

Group Leader
She's in love with Sawa, but not only is it unrequited, Sawa doesn't even really seem to understand it's romantic love despite Marika telling her directly. So she's coping with her heartbreak by sleeping with a guy she's not attracted to but at least she knows he both actually likes her and understands her. It's definitely extremely unhealthy but the mangaka portraying it in this weirdly lighthearted, fluffy way is giving me some major cognitive dissonance (not to mention a mounting dread that the upshot will be "Marika becomes happy after getting enough dick").

Dex-chan lover
There's some crumbs here that got me hoping that this story might get a bit more interesting. Oota is obviously very uncomfortable with how everyone is now treating him and his realtionship with Sawa as a public spectacle. This is the same garbage that Sawa has had to put up with all this time. Hopefully this can develop into the FeMC being able live how she wants rather than trying to live up to the expecations of people she never even met. Then again, I could be totally wrong.

Aggregator gang
The whole 'how unforgivable and immoral of her vs she's only 16 and still learning' debacle aside....the tone/plot shift in this manga is unfathomable to me. I just came here for a cute height difference couple. This isn't the kind of 'coming of age' romance I was expecting when I first started reading lol. It feels like the best friend and her emotional support human dildo kinda hijacked the story from the main couple. Sad that the bff is doing this out of spite and the person she's trying to spite, Sawa, is nothing but happy for her (and assumes the best of her.)

Anyways thnks for the tl!! 💞💞

Dex-chan lover
I like this manga in the first 2 or 3 chapters but now I'm just reading it because it continues to plummet for me and I'm more curious where it goes then anything I guess.

Dex-chan lover
It's really astonishing how the tone of this entire manga has shifted so suddenly. I don't know how Sawa is going to react when she finds out what Marika has been doing and why she's doing it (and she's bound to find out, either by accident or by Marika throwing it in her face when she finally fucking snaps).

Sawa is such an innocent that I don't see her getting out of this unscathed... And frankly, I didn't expect something like this from this manga.

In other words, I'm REALLY invested in this now.

Dex-chan lover
This dudes for sure getting NTRd.
why bring ntr into every damn convo? they're dating on paper, that's it! she specifically chose him cause he's safe. her running off to another guy is extremely unlikely.

This just becoming emotionally smut. Kinda like it from wholesome story with a smut side story. Yeah she is messed up but I kinda like her character its unique in my stand point, I hope it became a wonderful story about growth and openess.

Users who are viewing this thread