Osoto Gohan wo Goisshoni - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

Dex-chan lover
look at previous chapter release date
No wonder I couldn't recognize this in my feed :dogkek:
At least long enough it won't cause any drama
Thanks new group

Dex-chan lover
And so a new Yuru Camp variant with two foodies start, but since it's published in Yurihime maybe they cuddle together during the night!
maybe it'll get a live action like that and the BBQ grilling couple did XD

(and hm i imagine all the stuff added is more flavorful tho once had yellow rice by itself b/c i ordered it with a side to something and it wasn't too good, or at least flavorless compared to the white rice we had at home, did think it was odd but oh well)

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
maybe it'll get a live action like that and the BBQ grilling couple did XD

(and hm i imagine all the stuff added is more flavorful tho once had yellow rice by itself b/c i ordered it with a side to something and it wasn't too good, or at least flavorless compared to the white rice we had at home, did think it was odd but oh well)
Very possible you had the non-saffron version- yellow rice is often just regular rice with a small amount of powdered turmeric/paprika added for color, or worse fake saffron (bits of random wood bark with coloring), since real saffron is most expensive foodstuff on earth (the phrase worth its weight in gold is quite literal with saffron). Saffron rice dishes can be much more fragrant, and depending on the quality of saffron, MUCH more expensive, tho a little does go a long way, depending on how well you use it- for instance, stock soaked and infused from a few strands. From the looks of this chapter's recipe, pretty unlikely they used real saffron- in seasoning mixes, it's very often just turmeric/paprika again, and if any saffron is used, it's the off color/discarded/low grade that has been ground into powder rather than sold as threads. That being said- a dish like they made with turmeric or paprika is good too! Like u pointed out, all the other ingredients contributed flavor to make a tasty dish.

Fed-Kun's army
It's surprising how often food/cooking myths keep popping up in these food mangas: Cast Iron does NOT heat more evenly. It RETAINS heat better once it gets hot, and it will stay that way longer (volumetric heat capacity), and people incorrectly interpret that as heating more evenly/faster (conductivity). But cast iron is quite bad at conducting heat- it takes a while to heat up, it will have hot spots and cool spots on the pan and changes depending on the heat source. You can get a great sear on meat, etc if you use cast iron, but you should move the meat around to make sure it browns evenly. Also, it gets a pass here since it's fiction, but it's actually REALLY hard to get paella done right with crispy soccarat rice on the bottom, especially on live fire! And for the first time cooking a paella recipe!

DON'T season a pan with olive oil. Use a higher smoke point unsaturated oil - canola, corn, or if avoiding chemical/industrial treated oil, cold refined avocado oil. Olive oil smokes at lower cooking temps and shouldn't be used to season a pan, which usually requires heat higher than most olive oils can handle. Yurucamp advertised doing olive oil too and it's really not a good practice- it will be more likely to create patchwork/flaky "seasoning" and the non-stick/protective properties will not last as long or as well. After the initial seasoning is done, u can keep cooking with it using whatever oil u want as the layers of protection build up over time, but the starting seasoning is important to get done right, otherwise rust and sticky cooking surface will be a constant issue.

Dex-chan lover
Yayyy, thanks for picking this one up! I was missing it!

Oh gosh, this is going to be one of them where they say they like each other a hundred ways before they start a relationship. It's adorable but it's gonna smother me with all the fluffiness 😆

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation! Totally forgot this one on my plan to read but seeing it on my feed again I think I'll catch up :wooow:

Users who are viewing this thread