Ossan, Tenseishite Tensai Yakusha ni Naru - Vol. 2 Ch. 7

Dex-chan lover
That cut scenes adds quite a bit of character development... wonder why they cut it...

Dex-chan lover
Imagine deceiving your own mother.

image.png

Dex-chan lover
Good thing to cut out that mother was willing to sell herself, it would leave a bad taste.

Dex-chan lover
Why would the mum need to earn extra money by selling herself? The daughter has already gotten a acting-manager's business card, that's already like the biggest hurdle over-come isn't it?

Or are we going to get some dumb acting classes arc where the mum desperately tries to send her to an expensive school?

Also, try imagining this exchange from the mother's view:
"Do you want to be an actor? "
"I'm sorry"
Starts weeping uncontrollably
"I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry"

"???!! Holy shit STFU!"

Dex-chan lover
Mother's intuition always right...
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
And she supports her to follow her dream. She's a great mom...
What a great chapter...

Dex-chan lover
try imagining this exchange from the mother's view:
"Do you want to be an actor? "
"I'm sorry"
Starts weeping uncontrollably
"I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry"

"???!! Holy shit STFU!"
Nah, my mom will never tell me STFU, especially when having heart to heart conversation like this.
The last time I cried like this was 2 year after graduated from uni and still unemployed. It was Eid Al Fitr. There's a tradition in my country where you ask forgiveness from your elder (especially parents) at that day. I was crying when I apologized to my mom and dad because I felt useless. I cried for abou 15 minutes before my dad hugged me and said "it's fine, you can still try."
I will never forget that day.
Also, from that day on, I was more certain that my parents really love me unconditionally.
Now back to MC. She tried to act tough in front of her mom, but her mom knows better. I don't think that kind of mother will tell her child to shut up. Unless the kid is throwing tantrum.

Dex-chan lover
when having heart to heart conversation like this.
That's the thing, this doesn't seem like a heart to heart from the mother's perspective (from my perspective). The mother was just asking if the Kid wants to try acting, and suddenly she starts bawling and saying "I'm sorry" over and over again.

There's no reason for MC to deny wanting to try acting, unless I'm missing something?
You could say her failures in the last life made her want to not act, and that's the reason for the outburst - but from the mothers perspective this would still seem like an odd emotional outburst.

Power Uploader
Really love this series, can't believe it's so underated
Keep up the good work man 👍

Dex-chan lover
I still can't believe that the author choose a fucking tree to show her talent. This makes everything so much worse.
For a bunch of kids that age, just being able to stay still without movement(Ala living statue performances) is really damn impressive. If a kid can commit to such a boring role to the point they might as well be a prop(even when fire alarm goes off), they might just be putty to be molded as desired. If nothing else, they may have the right attitude/temperment.

That said I am pretty sure people established last chapter it was meant as a parody/reference to another series. As well as the mc intentionally choosing the most background role to avoid standing out.

Dex-chan lover
That's the thing, this doesn't seem like a heart to heart from the mother's perspective (from my perspective). The mother was just asking if the Kid wants to try acting, and suddenly she starts bawling and saying "I'm sorry" over and over again.

There's no reason for MC to deny wanting to try acting, unless I'm missing something?
You could say her failures in the last life made her want to not act, and that's the reason for the outburst - but from the mothers perspective this would still seem like an odd emotional outburst.
MC is a kid that acts far too mature for her age, always acting in front of everybody, closing her true self even to her mother, and the mother can recognize that all along. I mean, MC called her mother Akari in her mind, and the mother could have felt that. It's emotional because her daughter finally let loose her true self and stop acting. Those "I'm sorry" can be because of two things: because MC realized that her mother knew that she kept her distance and lied all this time, and because of all the inconveniences in the future caused by this selfish desire.

The mother knew that her daughter is extremely smart and mature. What would be the most likely reason as to why MC threw away her dream that the mother could think of? Money. Even thought MC actually just wanted to stay with the mother to repay her debt (she was not truly thinking of Akari as her mother and just acted like one).

Why would the mum need to earn extra money by selling herself? The daughter has already gotten a acting-manager's business card, that's already like the biggest hurdle over-come isn't it?

Or are we going to get some dumb acting classes arc where the mum desperately tries to send her to an expensive school?
Being scouted is actually the cheapest and easiest part (people got scouted on the street everyday in Japan).

Depending on their income, an actor can easily spend thousands of dollars per year between classes, marketing materials, union fees and agent fees. Although it's possible to start acting for free, in order to get the best training, actors can easily spend thousands to train at a top drama school. Graduating from a drama school is similar to graduating from college; not absolutely necessary but it would really help you get work.

You can read this 2019 article:
https://www.backstage.com/magazine/article/much-cost-raise-child-star-9990/

That's why the mother considered prostitution.

N2O

Dex-chan lover
Out of the 50-or-so series actively releasing rn that I'm following, this is one of the few that gets me genuinely really excited when I see new chapter. Thank you for TL, you make everyday living that much brighter :win:

Users who are viewing this thread