Otagai Sukoshi Zutsu Kawatteiku Kyouikugakari to Shinnyuu Shain - Ch. 76

Dex-chan lover
Hah, I've heard that line before, and it's a trap. I even answered honestly too: "I suck with words so I'm sorry I'm not eloquent. That's why I cribbed Cosmo for something... I keep thinking about you and no matter what I do I can't stop. I like you."

The response?
"Better. It's still no, but better."
The second person I had a chance to say that?
"Sorry, I wasn't flirting like that. I sort of just wanted you some [tech support] work for me."

I sincerely wish anyone reading this has better luck than I.
Remember people, keep trying! Don't be me. I've long since accepted the loneliness as just something else to drink away. The first was over 2 decades ago, second instance was over 15 years ago. If you do nothing you're at risk of becoming me: apathetic, sarcastic, with a large liquor cabinet

Dex-chan lover
Massive W, called it on the previous chap. She knew he got help but just wants to know HIS thoughts rather than some work by others

Dex-chan lover
Not gonna lie I agree with Senpai, dude the heck was that, just I like you would like to go out with or something

Dex-chan lover
Hah, I've heard that line before, and it's a trap. I even answered honestly too: "I suck with words so I'm sorry I'm not eloquent. That's why I cribbed Cosmo for something... I keep thinking about you and no matter what I do I can't stop. I like you."

The response?
"Better. It's still no, but better."
The second person I had a chance to say that?
"Sorry, I wasn't flirting like that. I sort of just wanted you some [tech support] work for me."

I sincerely wish anyone reading this has better luck than I.
Remember people, keep trying! Don't be me. I've long since accepted the loneliness as just something else to drink away. The first was over 2 decades ago, second instance was over 15 years ago. If you do nothing you're at risk of becoming me: apathetic, sarcastic, with a large liquor cabinet
I hate mirrors. Though I don't drink. Have been giving serious thought to starting recently. Sometimes, after life beats everything out of you, you just stop trying to get up.

Dex-chan lover
I hate mirrors. Though I don't drink. Have been giving serious thought to starting recently. Sometimes, after life beats everything out of you, you just stop trying to get up.
I feel you.

I will warn people that don't drink that look to the bottle for an escape with the same piece of advice I gave to introverted, newbie road warriors when I was still travelling 250+ days a year: Know your inner demons.

For every moment of respite a it can give you, understand there will be just as many times when you'll be alone and there will be nowhere to hide from pain. Like being alone late at night in a hotel in the middle of nowhere, an inebriated mind has the capacity to go to very dark places. If you aren't at least cognizant of your own inner demons, it will not be a pleasant ride.

I've always enjoyed bourbons, whiskeys, and scotches, so the bottle is relaxation vs the emotional dice roll that it can be for many. Tip toe in, find the blood alcohol level where you can successfully escape (what I call "your happy buzz"). Let yourself get semi-sober so you can assess your emotional/mental state before going any further.

Users who are viewing this thread