Otaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii - Vol. 7 Ch. 51.5 - Pair 2

Dex-chan lover
I remember that manga about a single father raising his son. There was a chapter that went like this except it's about the dad's parents. What I learned there is that you shouldn't value material objects over your partner's feelings. I forgot the name of that manga but it said some pretty good insightful shit.

Aggregator gang
@Seracila nice one....yes I agree that the right choice would be to say that she is more important than the pair necklace

second of all, Kabakura needs to show that he cares , he shouldn't say it's not a big deal/it's just something cheap after seeing her basically turning the room upside down...at least say "I'll tell you if I find it"
third Kabakura should try to cheer her up, tell her that he just wants her to be happy...maybe say "tbh I'm more worried to see you so down rn...losing a necklace doesn't mean our cherished memories are lost, so don't be so sad..ok?"
and maybe go for the kill by saying "so lets make more memories with another thing that matches instead" and then BAM! take out the engagement ring lol jk

...and yes I read too much romance manga

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the translation, and the physical copies are real nice. they have a matte/shiny pattern
@Viinilikka curiosity kills but your comment badgered me. soooo... thank god I have the memory of a goldfish.

Idk if it's a woman thing, but Hana's reaction to the missing necklace is very relatable. Things that are given by loved ones are precious and irreplacable, regardless of the price. I remembered that time a long time ago when I got my first ever birthday present from mom, a cheap plastic bracelet. I didn't particularly treasure it back then, but when a classmate broke it by accident, I got so angry and hurt, I cried. 😭

Dex-chan lover
@pokefairy some people just aren't as emotionally able to empathize. Also, they might not value material things... like, me and my mom were sad when our family had to sell our home we lived in for 20 years, but my dad and little brother were happy to get a better house....

Dex-chan lover
I think the idea of him taking his off and giving it away to her doubled her pain. It means both her and his aren’t irreplaceable gifts that they used to show their love to each other, and just things to cheer her up. I’m still expecting a ring to crop up later on, even after these scorching last panels. These two bring the drama, and the main couple bring the fluff.

Spoilers

https://m.imgur.com/SYPcna4

https://m.imgur.com/Uzropij

https://m.imgur.com/WygKBPj

https://m.imgur.com/vPr28qi

Men and women think about these kind of things completely differently. Women attach a lot of value to the specific item and if it's not the "real" one it's not the same. While I, having been in this situation, tried to console her by saying it's just a ring, we can get another one like it.
And it's not because I don't understand the feelings behind it, the fact is, I attach more worth to the actual feeling and thought of it than the item itself. The item doesn't really matter that much to me, as long as I know the thoughts and feelings behind it are there.

People view things differently in relationships, for me more I value actions or the thought of something, while others value material ones. He’s not an idiot, he knows where she’s coming from but doesn’t get why someone would be so fixed on a material object then probably like an action or a feeling being it. But eh they gonna Marry so pfff it’s just a little drama, and the people who are calling him an idiot should first see where he’s coming from

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

I think the reason it bothered her so much that he gave her his necklace is because she was already having doubts about how much he cared about their relationship before she lost her necklace. To her, the necklace symbolizes their memories and their bond. She cherishes it as if it were their relationship itself. So when kabakura just gave his away she felt like he was saying he doesn't care about the things it represents.
Honestly I felt a pang when he handed her his necklace and she realized what it was. That hurt. How did he ever think that was a good idea.

Group Leader
Yeah, I don't get it either. I know it's sentimental and all but it's gone already. What to do then? Keep finding it for 10 years or simply buy a new one? Is the necklace more important than your partner? Isn't important because it's the partner who gave it to you?

Yeah, I don't get it.

Double-page supporter
I understand he's supposed to be less emotional, but still, the idea that "the thing itself matters" isn't that hard to grasp, even if you don't feel the same way. And that she'd be upset if he gave her his is also super predictable. He acts confused when her behavior is obvious and predictable.

@Kynnath there was nothing obvious and predictable about this behaviour if you actually bothered understanding the previous 50+ chapters

Users who are viewing this thread