Otaku ni Yasashii Gal wa Inai!? - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Otaku & Gyaru & Kiramon

Dex-chan lover
I did watch Sailor Moon Crystal for a limited number of episodes, but eventually dropped it. I just wanted to see what Sailor Moon is all about since it's so famous. That's a show for little girls, I assume. I've watched plenty of Nanoha, but I'm not sure if that's for little girls. Maybe it is, or maybe not. However, that's pretty much it, I believe. I did try to watch some more random magical girl show, but I couldn't finish the first ep. There could have been some different kind of shows, but I've forgotten them.

Dex-chan lover
I did watch Sailor Moon Crystal for a limited number of episodes, but eventually dropped it. I just wanted to see what Sailor Moon is all about since it's so famous. That's a show for little girls, I assume. I've watched plenty of Nanoha, but I'm not sure if that's for little girls. Maybe it is, or maybe not. However, that's pretty much it, I believe. I did try to watch some more random magical girl show, but I couldn't finish the first ep. There could have been some different kind of shows, but I've forgotten them.
My uncle described it best as DBZ for girls much like Inyuasha and the like. I like Crystal much better then the OG 90's one cause at least Crystal follows the manga better.

I'm not so sure why they try to hide liking anime and things so much isn't it pretty dang mainstream even in japan now?

Dex-chan lover
I'm not so sure why they try to hide liking anime and things so much isn't it pretty dang mainstream even in japan now?

I can only guess there's a difference between watching anime and being an anime otaku. Casually watching it and then pretty much forgetting it, and obsessing about it would be the two extremes. Since being an otaku carries a negative stigma, people would likely downplay their interest in anime, and other typical otaku stuff, to appear casual at most. Since bullying is so common in Japan, it's easy to believe people who are a bit more interested, but still not otaku, would publicly act like they don't care all that much.

Dex-chan lover
What a magnificent level of translation and edit. Your work is highly appreciated, good sir

Contributor
Otaku meets kuro gyaru and shiro gyaru pair. Reminds me of that wingman otaku one. The shiro gyaru Kei is a closet otaku, the kuro gyaru Oka Kotoko is surprisingly more curious and open-minded than she looks. Not a bad start.

The TL note was interesting to read. Ijichi as a family name seemed unusual to me, so I wondered if it was Ichiji instead (still unusual), but it's not wrong as pointed out in the TL note. I personally prefer modified Hepburn romanization, so Ijichi is better than Idjichi to me. (e.g. づ / ヅ -> "zu" and not "dzu")

Dex-chan lover
This is a treasure, and both girls are pretty good. This reminds me of another series I read, one about an otaku who became friends with a gyaru and met her friends too. The main gyaru was initially the girl he was after, she was even the one it seemed like he was going to be with in the end. But due to fan outcry, and because there was another girl who had better chemistry and was best girl, she was the one he chose in the end.

I wonder how this series will go? Considering both girls are relatively equal when it comes to chemistry and story potential. Amane is probably my pick though, she’s really cute and it seems the MC agrees with me on that one.

Dex-chan lover
ahhh, 2 fmcs,

for someone like me who's read so many Manga,

for some reason I've just disliked romance manga with multiple love choices

Double-page supporter
About the 34h, it might be a continuation of something they do for the 1 o’clock TV slot. Because its basically in the same late night “block”, they write it as 25h00, and I have seen 26h00 at least once.
so saying it’s a 34h00 show just means that they count it as if the midnight block extended to 10AM to include that show. :p

Double-page supporter
ahhh, 2 fmcs,

for someone like me who's read so many Manga,

for some reason I've just disliked romance manga with multiple love choices
still can handle it if another love interest comes later on. but right from the start? tough choice

Double-page supporter
Reality would never be like this but hey...this is world of imagination so I am really rooting for this guy

Users who are viewing this thread