Other Than My Friend's Sister, Something Else - Ch. 5

Dex-chan lover
W.T. BITCH! No violence. If Areum knows you hurt her sister, you are dead.
Also, Daun supremacy. Even when she's teasing she's still a better character than the two other.

Dex-chan lover
I don't understand why everyone is shitting on Daun. Okay, she's not the more patient, delicate and friendly people out there and her actions are pushy and aggressive.

But we're talking about someone who has an unrequited love since how many years, a doom love since the beginning of their relationship. She thinks H24 about Areum and will be her reactions if she does or say something. We are at a point where it's even affecting her health when she hears or thinks about her marriage or her boyfriend.

So no, Daun must be aggressive and push her to fucking move on. Also, Daun was there for her since the beginning, helping her to think about something else than the marriage of Areum. She could have been a bitch and tell everything to Areum about the night where she gets assault by her BFF, it ends up being "consensual" but Daun was the one who get force kissed. And that her BFF has a BIG crush on her and had always suffered from it, and she's against her marriage. But no, she didn't. She's there looking for her....In her way.

It's a funny comment but daun kinda pushed it. Touching someone who doesn't want it is not mondo cool :(
i get it bro both of them honestly have it bad, why would daun stick to a girl that's hopelessly inlove with her ENGAGED SISTER, and why is mc sticking to an engaged woman when someone who can love her is right there 😓 but overall moving on is truly hard

Dex-chan lover
I already read up to chap 11 and I can only say I feel fucking frustrating. Guess this author has a pretty good track record of misunderstanding and miscommunication.

Dex-chan lover
Yes fucking yes ! (ok non fucking no dont hit people irl but that was just so satisfying to watch...)
Daun merited that one.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I don't understand why everyone is shitting on Daun. Okay, she's not the more patient, delicate and friendly people out there and her actions are pushy and aggressive.

But we're talking about someone who has an unrequited love since how many years, a doom love since the beginning of their relationship. She thinks H24 about Areum and will be her reactions if she does or say something. We are at a point where it's even affecting her health when she hears or thinks about her marriage or her boyfriend.

So no, Daun must be aggressive and push her to fucking move on. Also, Daun was there for her since the beginning, helping her to think about something else than the marriage of Areum. She could have been a bitch and tell everything to Areum about the night where she gets assault by her BFF, it ends up being "consensual" but Daun was the one who get force kissed. And that her BFF has a BIG crush on her and had always suffered from it, and she's against her marriage. But no, she didn't. She's there looking for her....In her way.
I understand where you come from, but (after verifying to be sure) it was Daun who (after the forceful kiss that was effectively a bad thing consent wise) acted on a completely wasted Seula and that is a lot worst consent wise.
Plus the blackmail thing, even if we saw that Daun want to take care of Seula i think that this time was a little too forceful.
Some people need time and if you cant wait maybe those people aren't for you.
(And if she need to be pushy and aggressive she need to do it in a mature way not like she done this chapter in such a childish manner.)

Group Leader

Moving on from people sucks, it only ever gets easier each time you do it. Daun might have to be "aggressive" but I don't think she's ever made it clear that she's actually into Seula, she's only been messing with her. Maybe before being angry, she should consider actually confessing to Seula instead of being angry at a girl who's still clearly nursing her heartbreak?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I understand where you come from, but (after verifying to be sure) it was Daun who (after the forceful kiss that was effectively a bad thing consent wise) acted on a completely wasted Seula and that is a lot worst consent wise.
Plus the blackmail thing, even if we saw that Daun want to take care of Seula i think that this time was a little too forceful.
Some people need time and if you cant wait maybe those people aren't for you.
(And if she need to be pushy and aggressive she need to do it in a mature way not like she done this chapter in such a childish manner.)
Moving on from people sucks, it only ever gets easier each time you do it. Daun might have to be "aggressive" but I don't think she's ever made it clear that she's actually into Seula, she's only been messing with her. Maybe before being angry, she should consider actually confessing to Seula instead of being angry at a girl who's still clearly nursing her heartbreak?
You treat Seula as if she were a kid. She is a grown adult who has her own store, and she needs to accept that Areum will never date her, and she is going to get married. I'm not saying she has to forget her and never talk to her, but at least meet other people and consider dating another woman, like, I don't know, Daun maybe. Her obsession with Areum is so toxic for herself.

Sorry but between Seula and Daun the more childish one is Seula. She literally hit someone. Ok, Daun's teasing did go too far. But hitting someone with a bag isn't it too much. Also, someone who actually cares for her and buys her medicine because she knows she would get sick after their meeting with Areum even though she herself was pissed. She could have just cut contact with her and that's it.

The blackmail is just a pretext to spend time with Seula. In what world, someone blackmailing another person will invite them to go eat in a restaurant, café, cinema, library and pay for everything. If she has too much work, she could cancel their date. She even didn't force her to cut contact with Areum or (for now) sleep with her. I'm not saying Daun's actions were legitimate (She is really pushy in her actions), but someway, I think she knows that if she's not proactive in her action, Seula will always see her as Areum's sister and never acknowledge her as a potential girlfriend. And after what she did in this chapter, I think she's going to discover the real meaning of blackmailing, hopefully not, but we will see.

Daun doesn't need to confess. All her actions and what she said until now show that she has a crush on Seula. She didn't even hide it. Daun said that she liked sleeping with her, but Seula didn't listen to her, too busy thinking about Areum's reaction if she discovered what they did. She said to Seula to consider their meet up as if they were dating. The way she treats her and the way she reacts when Seula speaks of Areum. More obvious than that it would be a literal confession, but let's be serious, Seula is too much obsessed with Areum and more dense than a black hole to see the signs Daun is throwing at her.

Group Leader
You treat Seula as if she were a kid. She is a grown adult who has her own store, and she needs to accept that Areum will never date her, and she is going to get married. I'm not saying she has to forget her and never talk to her, but at least meet other people and consider dating another woman, like, I don't know, Daun maybe. Her obsession with Areum is so toxic for herself.

Sorry but between Seula and Daun the more childish one is Seula. She literally hit someone. Ok, Daun's teasing did go too far. But hitting someone with a bag isn't it too much. Also, someone who actually cares for her and buys her medicine because she knows she would get sick after their meeting with Areum even though she herself was pissed. She could have just cut contact with her and that's it.

The blackmail is just a pretext to spend time with Seula. In what world, someone blackmailing another person will invite them to go eat in a restaurant, café, cinema, library and pay for everything. If she has too much work, she could cancel their date. She even didn't force her to cut contact with Areum or (for now) sleep with her. I'm not saying Daun's actions were legitimate (She is really pushy in her actions), but someway, I think she knows that if she's not proactive in her action, Seula will always see her as Areum's sister and never acknowledge her as a potential girlfriend. And after what she did in this chapter, I think she's going to discover the real meaning of blackmailing, hopefully not, but we will see.

Daun doesn't need to confess. All her actions and what she said until now show that she has a crush on Seula. She didn't even hide it. Daun said that she liked sleeping with her, but Seula didn't listen to her, too busy thinking about Areum's reaction if she discovered what they did. She said to Seula to consider their meet up as if they were dating. The way she treats her and the way she reacts when Seula speaks of Areum. More obvious than that it would be a literal confession, but let's be serious, Seula is too much obsessed with Areum and more dense than a black hole to see the signs Daun is throwing at her.
You're the toxic one, demanding that she moves on right away. You can't rush feelings, and while I'm sure Seula would take her time moving on it's not Daun's place to be trying to embarrass her in front of Areum.

Also claiming that "Daun doesn't need to confess" is just bullshit. For starters, some folks just don't have the self-esteem to consider themselves as romantic partners for anyone; it just sucks but it's also how life goes sometimes, so if you fancy someone and wanna date, ask them out instead of playing coy and getting mad the other party isn't picking up. Secondly, as they clearly don't see eye to eye, Seula has considered the blackmail to be more serious than you're making it out to be. If someone was threatening me to hang out with them, I don't think I'd consider them in a positive light either.

And lastly, why make it sound as if Seula was somehow obligated to date Daun here? She doesn't owe her her heart or anything.

Dex-chan lover
You're the toxic one, demanding that she moves on right away. You can't rush feelings, and while I'm sure Seula would take her time moving on it's not Daun's place to be trying to embarrass her in front of Areum.

Also claiming that "Daun doesn't need to confess" is just bullshit. For starters, some folks just don't have the self-esteem to consider themselves as romantic partners for anyone; it just sucks but it's also how life goes sometimes, so if you fancy someone and wanna date, ask them out instead of playing coy and getting mad the other party isn't picking up. Secondly, as they clearly don't see eye to eye, Seula has considered the blackmail to be more serious than you're making it out to be. If someone was threatening me to hang out with them, I don't think I'd consider them in a positive light either.

And lastly, why make it sound as if Seula was somehow obligated to date Daun here? She doesn't owe her her heart or anything.
Sigh, it always the same thing when I try to argue on the internet. You pick the sentences you disagree with, you remove all the context and nuance that come with them, and you resume all my comments to the things you dislike.
Whatever, I'm tired of speaking to people who only want to be on the right. Moreover, on a manhwa that I will eventually drop.

Group Leader
Sigh, it always the same thing when I try to argue on the internet. You pick the sentences you disagree with, you remove all the context and nuance that come with them, and you resume all my comments to the things you dislike.
Whatever, I'm tired of speaking to people who only want to be on the right. Moreover, on a manhwa that I will eventually drop.
I didn't want to break down your entire post line by line because I fundamentally disagree with your views on the dynamic between Seula and Daun, and there's only so many ways I can say "I think you're wrong and all the examples you gave can be easily taken as simply being friendly or outright hostility from Daun even if she didn't mean it as such".

Users who are viewing this thread