Otoko Tomodachi Girl - Vol. 3 Ch. 5

Dex-chan lover
Those last two panels are screaming EXPLOITABLE! EXPLOITABLE! so loud...

Power Uploader
Wow, is it legal in Japan to give a discount for “pretty ladies”. I'm pretty sure that would be illegal price discrimination where I live.

Double-page supporter
It's a festival, not a franchise... So eh, who knows.

Also, Makino is such a fujoshi...

Group Leader
I ship this so much. I'm curious if this ever becomes more like a romance? There's been hints of it but it's not enough to fully tell if it'll bloom into that or just be used for comedy.

Power Uploader
It would make more sense for the two genderswapped people to hook up together.

So they can support and learn from each other.

But no, it needed to be gay...

Fed-Kun's army
Don't know of any country that forbid arbitrary discounts handed out by the owner or someone the owner gave rights to make such decisions.
(Systemizing such discounts however is definitely an "out", like menus and/or rulebooks stating that people like this or that get a discount.)

Most common reason for arbitrary discounts in my experience is that the person in question is perceived as socially pleasant/improving the general mood.
For people like that, receiving some discounts here and there really aint that strange.
(Kinda like how you might decide to go somewhere further away or more expensive despite tasting the same if the employees in that place are more welcoming/improves your mood.)

Dex-chan lover
Dunno about japan, but arbitrarily discounts with a tacked on compliment by vendors happens quite often on open air markets. It's mostly flavor contributing to the fact they're open to bartering.

@Kirin-kun It's not gay if it's a sword and a sheathe, even if the sheathe's material was formerly a sword.

Users who are viewing this thread