Otome Danshi ni Koisuru Otome - Vol. 3 Ch. 338 - The Shape of Love

Contributor
This strip makes me so happy. Yes. There are many different forms of love. This form is a good one as well.

tfw you will never have this level of emotional sincerity irl because everyone does everything ironically ;_;

Dex-chan lover
How is that the shape of Kei's love if Yuuki loves Mayu and Mayu loves Yuuki?

Well, the dude obviously loves his little siblings a lot, in a familial way, so I suppose it could mean that he can love seeing both Yuuki and Mayu happy with each other in a similar, supportive manner.

Dex-chan lover
@stygianking
I'll have to disagree. She was obviously his crush. There's no way he would have even swallowed his manly pride and started crossdressing if he didn't like Mayu, no matter in how idolising a way, since he hadn't ever even talked to her.

Fed-Kun's army
Kei is being the "better man" (girl?) here, because he loves both Mayu and Yuuki, (in different ways), and he wants them both to be happy. If that means he steps aside and stops his romantic pursuit of Mayu, then yes, that's a form of "love" as well.

Double-page supporter
@stygianking No, he definitely loved her in a romantic manner, but as he interacted with the object of her affection, he realized that they are better with each other and he wanted them both to be happy.

Fed-Kun's army
@ChristineGuinn
That doesn't stop it from being a romantic love, the nature of the love hasn't changed. Just his decisions on how he will act and respond to said feelings. It may change in time but it very obviously hasn't yet.

Fed-Kun's army
I didn’t say that it stopped it from being romantic love. I said that it appears Kei has decided to put Mayu and Yuuki’s happiness above his own, and his romantic pursuit of Mayu. That’s selfless love.

Fed-Kun's army
@ChristineGuinn
That's not selfless love. His romantic interest hasn't magically disappeared. He's not viewing Mayu as a sibling or a friend. He's romantically interested in her and has made a decision to see her happy with Yuuki and not himself but the love did not magically change. It's a selfless action but he's still wanting her. Again, later, it might change, but actions do not necessitate feelings changing immediately in the moment which you seem to have a hard time grasping.

Fed-Kun's army
I would like to say that the greatest irony in this comment section is the fact that Mayu has decided to stop trying to compartmentalize his love when this entire comment section really really wants to compartmentalize it into being in one category or the other. "Oh he was never romantically interested he just wanted to be her friend" or "his love has blossomed into selflessness for his potential lover". My sides can barely take it.

If you have that much free time y'all, go read a book or two. Preferably that one by CS Lewis, not some gender studies bullshit.

Fed-Kun's army
Giving up before he even confesses, how pathetic.
And this strip doesn't seem to follow the previous one.

Dex-chan lover
I really, really don't want to say this
it PAINS my soul to do so, but i must, forgive me

C U C K

Users who are viewing this thread