Otomege Sekai wa Mob ni Kibishii Sekai desu - Vol. 7 Ch. 35 - Victory

Dex-chan lover
... was Leon fighting with Arroganz completely unequipped the entire time? Like, I know he didn't want to use the sword and rifle because he refuses to kill, but wouldn't they have helped him incapacitate the Black Knight a little sooner, perhaps? lol

I feel like eventually he’s going to have to kill someone. I don't think they’d focus so much on the not killing aspect if they weren’t going to have him come to grips that sometimes killing is the only way to go.

Dex-chan lover
Why the hell does he still have this petty taboo against killing at this stage in the game? Is the author afraid that he'd end up being regarded as a true villain and hated by readers if he kills, and that he can somehow avoid it if he just handicaps himself so pointlessly? ...
... Especially since his actions have indubitably resulted in many corpses in this battle alone. The dude is a complete hypocrite. He just doesn't want to SEE anyone die as a direct result of his actions, but he is okay with doing things that will result in thousands of deaths as long as none of them are directly shown.
He should just call it quits and accept that killing people sometimes is the best solution.

Also what is with the shitty translation?

Double-page supporter
Why the hell does he still have this petty taboo against killing at this stage in the game? Is the author afraid that he'd end up being regarded as a true villain and hated by readers if he kills, and that he can somehow avoid it if he just handicaps himself so pointlessly? ...
... Especially since his actions have indubitably resulted in many corpses in this battle alone. The dude is a complete hypocrite. He just doesn't want to SEE anyone die as a direct result of his actions, but he is okay with doing things that will result in thousands of deaths as long as none of them are directly shown.
He should just call it quits and accept that killing people sometimes is the best solution.

Also what is with the shitty translation?
i mean there is a huge difference between killing people who are actively trying to kill you and people who just do their job and it was mentioned in the end of this chapter - it's not very fun if you have to fight everyone because you are considered a treat to the entire world. And the manga would be pretty boring if he just let luxion do everything and have no problem killing people. Robobro could kill the entire human race within weeks if he goes the skynet route and produces a proper army. Was already mentioned as a semi-joke in this manga

Group Leader
This is so incredibly frustrating to read. The character flipping of the MC between treating it like a game and real life is absurd. Oh this scenario isn't playing out like the game duuuuuuuuur but I can't kill enemy combatants that were literally going massacre a ship full of children. Also wtf do you think the kingdom is going to do to those girls that called the enemy fleet? Refuse to serve them tea and cakes in their jail cell? Earlier in the series the MC was worried about the guillotine for beating someone in a duel.

Dex-chan lover
This is so incredibly frustrating to read. The character flipping of the MC between treating it like a game and real life is absurd. Oh this scenario isn't playing out like the game duuuuuuuuur but I can't kill enemy combatants that were literally going massacre a ship full of children. Also wtf do you think the kingdom is going to do to those girls that called the enemy fleet? Refuse to serve them tea and cakes in their jail cell? Earlier in the series the MC was worried about the guillotine for beating someone in a duel.
Didn't he have a big character moment where he realized that he's been treating people like characters and that he should stop doing that? That was literally the reason he stopped talking to Olivia because he was treating her like a pet.

When he compares people to their game counterparts, he's just using his knowledge of the game now. His character shifted.

Now he's viewing everyone like real people and so of course he won't kill anyone. Because we can sit here and judge all we want, but actually taking a life is heavy. Most of the time killing people has more to do with your own soul than it does theirs in these scenarios. It's about having to live with it. Hell a lot of people IRL can feel shitty & traumatized from just accidentally harming someone, killing is something worse entirely.

Users who are viewing this thread