Otonari no Tenshi-sama ni Itsu no Ma ni ka Dame Ningen ni Sareteita Ken - Ch. 16.2

Supporter
As a reader I kindly ask that you and your team continue regardless of whether they do or not.
The whole quitting because someone else is doing it is lame and, in my opinion, there's still plenty of reason for you and your team to continue scanlating.
  • First and foremost, if you like the manga you're scanlating
  • If you want things to be in a quality you prefer and value
  • In the event that, for any number of reasons, either you or they end up pulling your chapters or they're taken down
  • In the event that, for any number of reasons, they drop or cannot continue their translation of it
  • Maybe you weren't the first to release but people will read from groups they prefer and/or don't have blocked anyways.
Just my two cents.
The issue of sniping on mangadex is quite a bit broader than it seems. Only a few percentage of manga readers actually use Mangadex, with most using aggregator sites such as Mangafire, Mangakakalot, etc... there are hundreds of such websites, all of which take their chapters from Mangadex. With the exception of Comick, all of them only pull the chapter that was uploaded to Mangadex first.

Assuming that at least 4-5% of all our readers use these two websites (which is already generous) we could lose over 90% of our readers because every other website will never show our version. Only the few people reading on Mangadex and Comick will read it, and even then, that only includes the people aware of the differences in the two groups.

We also purchase every chapter twice, once to translate from Japanese, and the second to use the HD raws. That, combined with the many hours we spend to release each chapter despite some of us working full time jobs and translating the Light Novel in tandem with this, makes it hard to justify spending 1-2 full days working on each chapter with 100% effort while only reaching 2 websites and missing the other 98% of manga websites. If we continue to get sniped, I and other members of the group would rather focus our time on translating the LN, especially considering how much time and resources we reallocate to translating the manga to the quality that we do.

Supporter
This.

Not only your raws are better, your translation is good, and you help bring ototenshi to other languages other than English too, like portuguese 🇧🇷. Please don't bother arguing with people who snipe any scan other than GDS, and keep the good work as always!
Thank you for your kind words! I understand yours and Arma's views. It's just that personally, with so many projects underway, it's hard to justify the large time investment with such a substantial number of our audience gone. However, even if some of us step down, I will try to have someone else fill in the gaps if possible. (the translations into other languages should not be affected by things that happen in our group)

Dex-chan lover
What the fuck is with the casual girl on girl sexual harassment. Why is it in everything?
Because if it's boy on girl, it's the boy's fault, if it's girl on boy, it's still the boy's fault, and if it's girl on girl, there's no boy to be at fault.

Appreciate the insight and view point!

I wasn't aware the LN was being worked on since there wasn't any listings on NovelUpdates.
Do you and your team have it posted anywhere? Would love to read it, especially since it has been a while since I've last read the WN
Those translations can be found on the Discord noted on the credits page at the end of each of our chapters. I would also recommend reading the Light Novels over the Web Novel, as the LN are a more polished, better version of the WN.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread